+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

How big is the crown area you are looking to have restored? ( ex. 7 cm x 8 cm ). To avoid the scar you may want to consider FUE. Although it is more expensive there is no linear scar in the donor area.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I don't think that it makes any difference at all. I went to a highly competent, well renowned surgeon in the US and my life has been ruined by the procedure.
    I second that. The lack of communication from start to finish and beyond has been a completely embarrassing investment on my behalf.

Don't bother, shave your head.....

What’s great about this forum is that you will always hear both sides of the argument. The bottom line is that if you can not deal with any type of scaring on your scalp then a hair transplant is not for you and that goes for FUE also. If you don’t plan on ever shaving your head and are uncomfortable with your current hair situation then considering hair transplantation from a good doctor is an option. There are lots of happy HT recipients out here and of course there are always the unhappy ones. It just seems the unhappy ones hang around the forums much more. I guess I can’t blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    What’s great about this forum is that you will always hear both sides of the argument. The bottom line is that if you can not deal with any type of scaring on your scalp then a hair transplant is not for you and that goes for FUE also. If you don’t plan on ever shaving your head and are uncomfortable with your current hair situation then considering hair transplantation from a good doctor is an option. There are lots of happy HT recipients out here and of course there are always the unhappy ones. It just seems the unhappy ones hang around the forums much more. I guess I can’t blame them.
    I disagree on some level, go look at most blogs on other sites, they are update by those that are happy. Those that have a bad result stop updating, who wants to advertise they had poor work done and post it all over the net? After they get advise they are nowhere to be found or just deal with it. I know many and have seen many. Some of those go back for 2 or 3 so they are still trying. I think most success cases are those that go back for multiple surgeries by the way.

Your advise is sound but don't forget the time lost and the social adjustment because in most cases people will know you had a HT and may judge you differently. That is a fact. There is more to it than just a scar or no scar.

Another thing is that most people that hype on this board work in the industry, which is a little misleading IMO

I’ll have to disagree with you on the hype. I read all the boards and there is much more hype coming from god knows where on the others. I really don’t see any hype here, just opinions, from people with experience both good, and bad and opinions from doctors and sometimes people who work for them. I’d rather know where these opinions are coming from then believe what’s being written from an anonymous patient, only to find out it’s from someone with an agenda. Not saying that this is the case with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I’ll have to disagree with you on the hype. I read all the boards and there is much more hype coming from god knows where on the others. I really don’t see any hype here, just opinions, from people with experience both good, and bad and opinions from doctors and sometimes people who work for them. I’d rather know where these opinions are coming from then believe what’s being written from an anonymous patient, only to find out it’s from someone with an agenda. Not saying that this is the case with you.
    I don't think the hype is limited to this board, my doctor clearly lie to me about what he could do in person, by phone, and through his sales rep. Also after the result and voicing my displeasure to my doctor, which has been a nightmare, another patient was communicating to me by email to tell me that he went to see this doctor and he said point blank to face " I never had a patient that was not satisfied" Now that is as low as you can get. Not only that there is a blog of at least 3 more patients of his at that time that were not satisfied with his result.

When I booked there was nothing but positive information on the net on this doctor. I choose him for specific reasons, but when I got to his office they all turned out to be misleading lies. At the time this same doctor was posting his positive results on all of these sites.

There is just not enough honesty in this industry period.

See, this is another reason why i am scared to go ahead with this, and nobody will post the bad Dr's names so its like getting thrown into the fire !!

Quote Originally Posted by metsfour View Post
    See, this is another reason why i am scared to go ahead with this, and nobody will post the bad Dr's names so its like getting thrown into the fire !!
    yes it is, and I won't put the doctors name either, why?

because many of us are put into a position that BadLuck was put into. If you come out against your doctor public one you will never get a resolution. Do you think Feller is going to work a deal with his upset patient at this point? Hell no. His patient was clearly upset with the options given to him and Feller didn't want to offer an alternative.

Badluck was out of options, and only then did he go get a lawyer and go public against his doctor, which was halted by this forum in bad taste.

Let the guy vent, let patients and doctors communicate good and bad.

Look no matter where you go, doctors do good work and bad work, they will never show you bad work only good work. You will be impressed and and not think about the risk when propagated and if you are lucky you will get a result that one grows, two - doesn't cause shockloss, and 3 doesn't thin the rest of your hair through the stretching of your scalp to close the donor. Barring any other mistake by your doctor, hitting a nerve, or something else you will be a happy camper and have the result you want, that is if he calculates everything properly, which most docs don't. What does that mean, take enough graft and use them to fill the balding areas based on the donor supply.

I know all that sounds confusing but good luck

Well i am a member of other kinds of forums, and trust me, the sponsors or vendors, in this case doctors, do not want to have unhappy people voicing their concerns about the product they are selling if it is bad. The sponsors will do anything it takes to rectify a bad situation, after all, it is their livelyhood we are talking about.
    So yes, the best way to make these people man up is to mention names so they can not continue to hoodwink future patients....

Quote Originally Posted by metsfour View Post
    Well i am a member of other kinds of forums, and trust me, the sponsors or vendors, in this case doctors, do not want to have unhappy people voicing their concerns about the product they are selling if it is bad. The sponsors will do anything it takes to rectify a bad situation, after all, it is their livelyhood we are talking about.
    So yes, the best way to make these people man up is to mention names so they can not continue to hoodwink future patients....
    I agree 100% and I will if I have to, I am just not at that point at this time, I am trying to working things out with my doc first, it is the right thing to do.

But look what happens when things don't get settled, that guy BADLUCK had his thread shut down by the mods here. That isn't fair. The guy has the right to post here. I thought that was to point of this forum.

Dr. Feller didn't make him happy and didn't offer a acceptable solution. He just said that some guys don't grow. That seems to be a common one liner doctors used when their skills fail them. Its funny that they will work on that same patient a second time for more money even after they didn't grow the first time. I would love to hear why a doctor would do that. Feel free to respond to that, any doctor that posts on here.