Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I thing combinations work better. I have patients will many different protocol and are very happy with the results. Unfortunately, no protocol works for everyone.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
      I thing combinations work better. I have patients will many different protocol and are very happy with the results. Unfortunately, no protocol works for everyone.
      Well said! It's all about trying things yourself.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

Sorry about the typo. I think not I thing.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Artista
          • Apr 2010

Ive been using Nizoral 1% for approx 8 months now.
          I cant say for sure if adding it to my Finasteride medication has been playing a major part in my hairs improvement or not. My hair loss has been stopped and IS certainly improving since I started using Fin last August 2013.
          Ill keep using Niz' as instructed though. No harm in its usage.

Comment

• Dav7
            • Feb 2013

Interesting thread. I've been getting into Nizoral since January, but tbh the only reason I added it to my regimen is because of hearing it's association with Fin and Min as part of the "Big 3". I am well aware of the benefits of finasteride and rogaine, however what is the deal with Nizoral? I'd happily continue to use it, I'd just like to know what exactly it does? Does it stabilise hair loss, regrow hair, thicken hair etc?

Comment

• burtandernie
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Artista
              Ive been using Nizoral 1% for approx 8 months now.
              I cant say for sure if adding it to my Finasteride medication has been playing a major part in my hairs improvement or not. My hair loss has been stopped and IS certainly improving since I started using Fin last August 2013.
              Ill keep using Niz' as instructed though. No harm in its usage.
              Its the fin not the niz. I mean fin is without question head and shoulders above all other treatments right now in terms of evidence and studies. Without fin MPB is nearly untreatable. It was an enormous breakthrough for sure. Sadly 20 years later after its patent wore out we still have nothing since then despite knowing for 20 years androgens cause MPB

Comment

• Dav7
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by burtandernie
                Its the fin not the niz. I mean fin is without question head and shoulders above all other treatments right now in terms of evidence and studies. Without fin MPB is nearly untreatable. It was an enormous breakthrough for sure. Sadly 20 years later after its patent wore out we still have nothing since then despite knowing for 20 years androgens cause MPB
                What makes finasteride head and shoulders above minoxidil, wouldn't they not be equally effective in combating MPB?

Comment

• akai
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Dav7
                  What makes finasteride head and shoulders above minoxidil, wouldn't they not be equally effective in combating MPB?
                  Minoxidil stimulates hair follicles and growth, but does not reduce DHT or the enzyme responsible for its accumulation around the hair follicle, 5-alpha reductase, which is the primary mediator of male pattern baldness in genetically susceptible individuals.

Comment

Working...