16 years old and going bald :'(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illusion
    • Jul 2014

I'm going through the same right now: 16 years old and thinning hair. Your hairline still looks fine, but when hair loss becomes visible you're already somewhat deep in the process. On the last picture, the one where your crown is visible, it seems a little bit like there's a bald spot but that could be just your normal crown or even a dirty spot on the mirror (that picture is kind of blurry).

One thing you said stood out to me:

Originally posted by SomeoneSaveMe
    I mean if i could maintain the amount of hair i have that'd be great, i mean i'd keep taking them till i was 30 then i'd probably stop.
    You're probably not suddenly going to stop taking propecia, minoxidil or w/e when you're 30. Let's say you start with the whole stabilising-process of balding tomorrow and start taking propecia. I don't think it's likely you will get propecia prescribed because of your age, but let's say so. There's no way that, when you're 30 years old, you're suddenly going to stop taking/doing whatever you did/took to keep the full head of hair you have now. You will most likely only want to continue doing what you did. Just imagine: You did a lot to keep your hair for the past one and a half decade and suddenly you're going to stop doing that, only to see all the results disappear in a matter of months... Maybe there will be a point in your life where you don't care anymore about wether you would be bald or not (I'm still talking about when you're following a routine for keeping hair), but I think that point will not come before your 50 birthday and likely much later.

So imo it's either accepting it and go bald or fight against it and being obsessed with your hair for the rest of your life. Maybe I'm exaggerating, I don't know. I don't have much experience with hair loss just yet. But I think there could be some truth in that it's either acceptance or an obsession. What would you choose?

As for the situation with your gf, idk much about balding yet (like I said, I'm also only 16 y/o). But, and this sounds really cliché but it's true, if you guys really love each other then balding should not be a problem at all. If balding is going to be a problem, than she isn't worth it. You know what would be a problem for your relationship with your gf? You not being able to get an erection because of the side effects propecia can give you. Think about it.

Comment

• Illusion
      • Jul 2014

**** me, I thought this thread was a new one. Sorry for bumping guys!

Comment

• SomeoneSaveMe
        • Dec 2010

That's okay dude
        It's been 4 years since I posted this!

Comment

• Dan26
          • Jul 2012

That's okay dude
          It's been 4 years since I posted this!
          How are the follicles holding up brother?

Comment

• SomeoneSaveMe
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dan26
            How are the follicles holding up brother?
            Meh mostly gone (See guys I was right!!!)
            I've buzzed it all off now and grown a beard - So I'm fine with it at this point Thank you for asking
            I see Histogen isn't finished yet?

Man I sound like such a dweeb in my opening post ha

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

How bad did it get in 4 years? How does it look buzzed? Skimming through this thread it looks like you decided not to treat your hair loss, any regrets?

Comment

• HairIsLife
                • Aug 2014

Meh mostly gone (See guys I was right!!!)
                I've buzzed it all off now and grown a beard - So I'm fine with it at this point
                No way you lost that thick mop within 4 years. Wow. I'm not shitting on you OP, it's just so depressing to hear that you lost that head of hair. I hope you at least have a picture of it framed on your wall.

Comment

• TooYoungToobald
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by HairIsLife
                  No way you lost that thick mop within 4 years. Wow. I'm not shitting on you OP, it's just so depressing to hear that you lost that head of hair. I hope you at least have a picture of it framed on your wall.
                  Alot of guys lose almost all their hair in a span of 2 years, so its no surprise at all

Comment

• Sedgemoor
                    • Apr 2019

Well done for regular exercising. What about your nutrition? I would suggest eating fruit and vegetables everyday. If you want to eat meat, make sure it’s good meat. Have a good nights sleep every night. What makes you stressed? If you become stressed, do a breathing exercise. 3-4-5. In 3 seconds, hold for 4 seconds and out for 5 seconds. Do this 10 times. This will lower your cortisol. Cortisol blocks your thyroid, stopping it producing growth hormones. If you wake up between 2-3 am during the night, it means your cortisol is high.
                    As for pills, don’t take them. They will affect your health. The better your health the better your hair will be.

Comment

Working...