+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneSaveMe View Post
    Here are some pictures i took, they really don't do the thinning of my hair justice as i had greased my hair that day to make it seem thicker =/

+ I am really scared of the side effects of propecia/fin now =/ ecspecially to do with the breasts and stuff and the ED.

Pictures;
    Wow kid, you know I felt sorry for you hearing that you thought about suicide and stuff, then I see the pictures you posted and I'm like WTF!? There's nothing wrong with you're hair AT ALL. Sorry if I sounded harsh but those pictures do NOT show signs of baldness.

Hey dude its all cool, but i don't get it how come my hair falls out and my hairline isn't straight? and it sort of goes from a point backwards and forms a round shape in the temples? people see it and say i have a receding hairline

Hey dude its all cool, but i don't get it how come my hair falls out and my hairline isn't straight? and it sort of goes from a point backwards and forms a round shape in the temples? people see it and say i have a receding hairline
    It could just be a maturing hairline which most guys get at around your age.
    Look around at men in their late teens and early twenties they all have a V shaped hairline.
    Last edited by mlao; 01-02-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: punctuation

I thought of that, but then i thought i might be in the 'denial' stage so to speak?

I thought of that, but then i thought i might be in the 'denial' stage so to speak?
    If you are really concerned get a hair miniaturization test done. Most good hair transplant doctors can perform this.

I'm going through the same right now: 16 years old and thinning hair. Your hairline still looks fine, but when hair loss becomes visible you're already somewhat deep in the process. On the last picture, the one where your crown is visible, it seems a little bit like there's a bald spot but that could be just your normal crown or even a dirty spot on the mirror (that picture is kind of blurry).

One thing you said stood out to me:

I mean if i could maintain the amount of hair i have that'd be great, i mean i'd keep taking them till i was 30 then i'd probably stop.
    You're probably not suddenly going to stop taking propecia, minoxidil or w/e when you're 30. Let's say you start with the whole stabilising-process of balding tomorrow and start taking propecia. I don't think it's likely you will get propecia prescribed because of your age, but let's say so. There's no way that, when you're 30 years old, you're suddenly going to stop taking/doing whatever you did/took to keep the full head of hair you have now. You will most likely only want to continue doing what you did. Just imagine: You did a lot to keep your hair for the past one and a half decade and suddenly you're going to stop doing that, only to see all the results disappear in a matter of months... Maybe there will be a point in your life where you don't care anymore about wether you would be bald or not (I'm still talking about when you're following a routine for keeping hair), but I think that point will not come before your 50 birthday and likely much later.

So imo it's either accepting it and go bald or fight against it and being obsessed with your hair for the rest of your life. Maybe I'm exaggerating, I don't know. I don't have much experience with hair loss just yet. But I think there could be some truth in that it's either acceptance or an obsession. What would you choose?

As for the situation with your gf, idk much about balding yet (like I said, I'm also only 16 y/o). But, and this sounds really cliché but it's true, if you guys really love each other then balding should not be a problem at all. If balding is going to be a problem, than she isn't worth it. You know what would be a problem for your relationship with your gf? You not being able to get an erection because of the side effects propecia can give you. Think about it.

**** me, I thought this thread was a new one. Sorry for bumping guys!

That's okay dude
    It's been 4 years since I posted this!

That's okay dude
    It's been 4 years since I posted this!
    How are the follicles holding up brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    How are the follicles holding up brother?
    Meh mostly gone (See guys I was right!!!)
    I've buzzed it all off now and grown a beard - So I'm fine with it at this point Thank you for asking
    I see Histogen isn't finished yet?

Man I sound like such a dweeb in my opening post ha