+ Reply to Thread

Default Stop the shedding!!!

I am new to this Forum, but have been reading posts to get honest opinions for a while. Finally decided to suck it up and register!

I am 25 years old, same old song, love my hair, and have noticeable thinning. I started taking the usual when I was 21 to prevent as much as possible.

I have been using generic 1mg propecia i order from overseas for 3 years,

and target/walgreen rogain for 4 years.

My problem is I shed like crazy. Ever since high school I can remember gobs of hair in my hand when showering, or styling my hair. At the rate I shed I am surprised I am not completely bald!

I am ready to try something else instead of propecia if there is something more effective. Perhaps the real propecia will work better? I dont know, all i know is I can make a small wig with the hair I lose in a month!

If anyone has any recommendations then your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

You all will never get the best help here because of the restrictions by these mods.

Quote Originally Posted by idigchix View Post
    I am new to this Forum, but have been reading posts to get honest opinions for a while. Finally decided to suck it up and register!

I am 25 years old, same old song, love my hair, and have noticeable thinning. I started taking the usual when I was 21 to prevent as much as possible.

I have been using generic 1mg propecia i order from overseas for 3 years,

and target/walgreen rogain for 4 years.

My problem is I shed like crazy. Ever since high school I can remember gobs of hair in my hand when showering, or styling my hair. At the rate I shed I am surprised I am not completely bald!

I am ready to try something else instead of propecia if there is something more effective. Perhaps the real propecia will work better? I dont know, all i know is I can make a small wig with the hair I lose in a month!

If anyone has any recommendations then your help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    You might not have been getting the real thing.

From my research, I believe you have to get your generic Propecia (should be generic Finasteride instead) from a reputable pharmacy--and via doctor prescription).

The alternative is hair transplant, if not, a combination of minoxidil and Finasteride (the real thing). I have had all, and I'm still on minoxidil and generic Finasteride. [Read my story, I recently post a question.]

Good luck, my friend.

Default Thank you!

Yes, it does say finnasterade 1 mg. It comes in sample 10 packs. How was your transplant? effective?

Thank you for the response! I will keep going strong given that my hair was something I grew up loving and am not ready to give up the fight!

Not to mention I am a goofy looking shaved head guy~

You all will never get the best help here because of the restrictions by these mods.

Quote Originally Posted by idigchix View Post
    Yes, it does say finnasterade 1 mg. It comes in sample 10 packs. How was your transplant? effective?

Thank you for the response! I will keep going strong given that my hair was something I grew up loving and am not ready to give up the fight!

Not to mention I am a goofy looking shaved head guy~

No problem. About my hair transplant, it went well. It has only been 6 months, I got the whole summer off to hide myself from the public to recover and grow some hair. I wish it could have been denser, but my doctor told me the healing process would be difficult--because I have very thick hair.

I'm using generic minoxidil (Target brand) mixed with Rogaine Foam on the transplanted areas (the temples) AND on the frontal. The mixture is to 1) not make the skin shinny and look like I'm sweating, 2) not to get flakes, 3) theoretically help my transplanted hair grow faster, and *4) to get small peach fuzz hairs around the transplanted ones. For #4, it's to help the transplant areas look more natural.

I had experienced temporary side effect of swollen fingers, but it went away, and I'm okay now.

I'm to wait to get full result on 10th month, according to my doctor.

Today, I think I look pretty good--much better than before obviously.

-----

Also, on your comment, how do you know you are getting the real finasteride? It's just my opinion that you are "shedding like crazy" may due to unauthenticated product.

The cost for my getting finasteride:
    $60 for the doctor to prescribe.
    $32 for Finasteride (Actavis brand) from Costco. (100 tablets, 5 mg each. I cut it into 4, 1.25 mg each, which last me over 1 year.)
    TOTAL for 1 year: $92