Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thinning@30
    • Mar 2010

HT and cutting edge treatments

Does anyone have insight as to how some of the cutting edge treatments that are in the pipeline (Histogen, Aderans, HM, etc) would work on people who have had a HT? I am seriously considering getting a HT next year, but I have to admit, I wonder sometimes if it would render some of these cutting edge treatments less effective. It seems like all of the treatments in the pipeline would be preferable to surgery since they are less invasive and would fewer side effects. Is anyone postponing a HT in hopes that the new treatments become available soon?

On the hand, I also wonder if any of these would complement surgical procedures. Could we get HTs now, and not worry about looking ridiculous in a few years if our hair continues to recede?
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

My estimation is that most of the "cutting-edge treatments" currently being discussed are unproven concepts that probably will not pan out and even under the best of circumstances will take at least several more years of safety and efficacy testing before being brought to market.

An important thing to keep in mind is that all of these treatments as yet appear to be only partial solutions at best (i.e., their efficacy is limited; they don't work for everyone), so for MPB subjects they would probably be used in conjunction with hair transplants, not as a replacement for hair transplants.

Comment

Working...