+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Have you had any bad side effects from Propecia?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it's just the most active and I'd like everyone's opinion. If you've been using Propecia, how long have you been using it for? Have you experienced any negative side effects?

I'm just concerned about the horror stories about permanent erectile dysfunction and all of that. I don't want to ruin my life over this!

I took it for 12 years without any side effects. The stories about "permanent side effects" are bogus. And if you'll notice, all the guys who drop in on this thread and tell you how horrible the drug is thought the side effects were so unbearable that they took it for years themselves. They probably ended up on one of the anti-propecia hysteria websites one day and freaked themselves out so now they spend their time scaring guys out of taking the med. Just try the drug and assume you won't have any side effects. If you do, then stop the medication and you'll go back to normal within a few days.

I think its a fertility drug. I have taken it 10 years NO sides other than at first attempt struck gold with Twins.

Dont focus your mindset on the negatives (negative posts are easy to find on anything if you dig deep enough) as they are few and far between. Focus on the positives and what it can potentially do for you.

Ruin your life is a little dramatic. IF you go into taking meds expecting side effects - you will get them as the mind is a powerful tool.

I 100% agree with a post made by MattJ recently on another forum:

Young guys denying themselves the benefits of Propecia due to overexposure to the proportionally small number of severe side effect sufferers is the real horror story. I wouldn't go as far as to say that the horror stories are completely unfounded, but the majority of Propecia users are quietly keeping their hair and leaving the online anecdotal record skewed towards the negative.

You should at least give it a try.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Just to give you another opinion,

I'm 19, took it for 5 months on and off in doses often no bigger than 0.2 mg and almost a year after quitting thew drug I am dealing with severe libido and erection issues.

Furthermore, the permanent side effects of finasteride are not "bogus" at all, I assume you have read these "horror stories" on propeciahelp or maybe even askaptient?

There are many men with blood results proving that they have hypogonadism, poor thyroids and other problems. I would definitely agree that they are rare, but no way are they bogus - 1600 users on the main propecia side effects website don't come for nothing, with users popping up all the time, young and old with horrific blood test results.

I've been on it a month to the day and zero side effects. I would have started it much, much sooner had I not generally been a person averse to the idea of taking medication. It was only after it seemed like the hair loss was getting worse and it was obvious that the regimen I was using wasn't sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by JOE-91 View Post
    Furthermore, the permanent side effects of finasteride are not "bogus" at all, I assume you have read these "horror stories" on propeciahelp or maybe even askaptient?

There are many men with blood results proving that they have hypogonadism, poor thyroids and other problems. I would definitely agree that they are rare, but no way are they bogus - 1600 users on the main propecia side effects website don't come for nothing, with users popping up all the time, young and old with horrific blood test results.
    You're right, I should not have said they are bogus. The hysteria about them is bogus, however. There are many, many drugs that carry a much larger risk of long term or permanent side effects that don't get nearly as much attention. Hypogonadism caused by Propecia is exceedingly rare and it's easy to test for. Many of the men who claim long term side effects have normal hormone levels, so it is almost certainly a psychological effect.

I do feel for the men who have suffered long term side effects, but the hysteria does not fairly represent reality. It would be like encouraging people not to drive a car because they might get in an accident.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by JOE-91 View Post
    Just to give you another opinion,

I'm 19, took it for 5 months on and off in doses often no bigger than 0.2 mg and almost a year after quitting thew drug I am dealing with severe libido and erection issues.
    I am 32 and took fin a year ago for 8 days,on the 8th day I could get hard,not for anything,my body hair started to die and fall out,my body shape changed over night,less definition.since then I have lost 4 stone,not had an erection at all,morning night or spontaneous,lost my girlfriend and an in and out of care homes due to what it's done to me.my strong advise,love yourself,walk tall and stick your fingers up to anyone who mocks you for the way you look,it's your life,dont play the guinea pig for the med companies that don't give a shit if you live or die,i trusted a doc and now look at me.neva have the family I wanted and Neva be happy again.its a huge gamble,1 you should Neva take,if a doc told you to jump off the top of a building to cure a head ache what would you say to him?they don't have the true information on this poison and yet it may work for some people it's only time before it has it's effects on them to.a life time drug????get a cap or a hat and be happy.trust me.

Guys who stopped: when did you recover your libido? I am on day 9 since my last fin pill I have always been VERY sexually active but I am not looking forward to it like I used to just a lot more experienced and skilled with dating.

I would really love to feel the crazy raging hornyness again, if nothing special happens to my libido levels in the next couple weeks I'll get back on fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjames1980 View Post
    its a huge gamble,1 you should Neva take,if a doc told you to jump off the top of a building to cure a head ache what would you say to him?
    I would tell him that that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard: there's no theoretical physiological reasoning to believe jumping off a bridge would cure my head ache, let alone objective studies conducted by the unbiased scientific research community to support the claim. And then I would wake up from my dream, because that would never happen.

Whether or not you believe it, a lot of dudes have had great experiences with fin - more dudes than have had your unfortunate experience. You're certainly entitled to your opinion and you have the freedom to share your story, of course. But, frankly, all the literature supports that fin is more likely to give positive benefits than extreme side effects. This isn't some random chemical a mad scientist drew up and started pumping into "guinea pigs", as you are insinuating.