+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dtrock78 View Post
    Wow...I am truly surprised by the amount of people eagerly dismissing the side effects of this drug. In my experience (and my friends), it can have some pretty nasty side effects. Here is my story -

I took Propecia for roughly 4 years or so from 2004 to 2008.

Of my 3 friends and myself that tried Propecia, all four of us experienced some sort of sexual side effect to varying degrees. The most common was lack of ejaculate, stiffness of erection.

I also experienced a very troubling thing I’ve yet to read about. It occurred about once a month; a very painful, throbbing prostate immediately following orgasm. This would last about 30 minutes, and it was the equivalent of getting “kicked in the nuts”, yet it was your prostate. Scary.

I’ve since stopped taking Propecia (as have all my friends except one) and I never really got back the volume of ejaculate I had before taking it, but thankfully, I no longer have those painful throbbing prostate sessions I used to get.

Keep in mind what a company’s particular motive is when they conduct these “studies”. Negative results will literally affect potential BILLIONS in revenue, so it is not in their interest to truthfully report what they conclude. This is like asking the tobacco companies to determine if smoking is hazardous, or if it's all just "fear mongering".

The “2%” figure for sexual side effects is horse$hit. It’s likely 60-80%. What’s scary, is the fact there’s an emerging consensus within the medical field that some of these effects appear to be permanent.
    These anti propecia posts discounting the positive experiences of people using it are so tired already. People like myself who have encountered no sexual side effects and who have been on it for over ten years. The millions of people like myself who have had success with the drug and continue to maintain a happy life with no brain fog, no prostate pain, or impotence, or premature ejaculation or whatever else these people are complaining about. If Propecia is not for you then that’s too bad, but it works for me and every single one of my formerly balding friends with no side effects. Not one of my friends have ever complained or stopped using it due to side effects. That’s been my experience and why should it be discounted?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter84 View Post
    What's your point? Are you just p1ssed off that you couldn't work this out for yourself?
    My point is that you are full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    These anti propecia posts discounting the positive experiences of people using it are so tired already. People like myself who have encountered no sexual side effects and who have been on it for over ten years. The millions of people like myself who have had success with the drug and continue to maintain a happy life with no brain fog, no prostate pain, or impotence, or premature ejaculation or whatever else these people are complaining about. If Propecia is not for you then that’s too bad, but it works for me and every single one of my formerly balding friends with no side effects. Not one of my friends have ever complained or stopped using it due to side effects. That’s been my experience and why should it be discounted?
    So.... if you haven't had any bad side effects from Propecia... why exactly are you posting in this thread again?

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    My point is that you are full of shit.
    Fool.

Fool.
    I can't believe any ethical doctor would give you prescriptions to both Dutasteride and Propecia for hairloss, especially at those doseages. Further, that he/she would then give you a prescription to take femara to compensate for a side effect to the first two drugs you are taking for cosmetic gain. I know there are bad doctors out there, but that is ridiculous.

Either you are: A. completely full of shit. B. patient to an extremely unethical physician who should have his licence revoked immediately!! or C. medicating your self without any doctors consent, which makes you an idiot. Option B. seems the least likely here.. don't you think?

Then you throw this tidbit in: "Don’t believe all these horror stories from people who walked blindly into self medication with a powerful drug without knowing the MOA. This drug is easily managed if you are prepared to do the research!"

Your last line is the tell for me, a bit too cavalier. Nothing personal, but you don't sound like a doctor.. and tell me what "research" have you done.. apart from thinking you understand the mechanics of your body? I think you are, as you say "walking blindly into self medication with a powerful drug". My guess is option C. for you!!

None of the above. It so happens that I know what I know, I take both these drugs, I have zero side effects and have had some fantastic results.

Your post has a poignantly bitter and resentful tone, most likely because of your own fear and lack of courage to tackle the shroud of mystery and stigma associated with use of this drug head on with a scientific approach.

I get it, you are a drop 1mg of Finasteride and hope for the best, fingers crossed - at users peril kind of man!! I look into things a little deeper than this, don't hate me for it.

Unlucky to be you with that attitude really...

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    So.... if you haven't had any bad side effects from Propecia... why exactly are you posting in this thread again?
    I posted in this thread precisely because I have had no side effects and an excellent long term experience using Propecia. I can’t stand people like you who are unable to get their point across in a civil manner.

Why is everyone always fighting in this forum?
    Some people don't have side effects and some do! Is it too hard to accept that fact?
    I'm not touching propecia because i'm still young and playing around with hormones might not be the best thing to do. But for older people, you won't have much to lose.

None of the above. It so happens that I know what I know, I take both these drugs, I have zero side effects and have had some fantastic results.

Your post has a poignantly bitter and resentful tone, most likely because of your own fear and lack of courage to tackle the shroud of mystery and stigma associated with use of this drug head on with a scientific approach.

I get it, you are a drop 1mg of Finasteride and hope for the best, fingers crossed - at users peril kind of man!! I look into things a little deeper than this, don't hate me for it.

Unlucky to be you with that attitude really...
    My post should have a resentful tone. I'm resentful of users like you who are casual/dismissive about those of us who have had serious negative side effects from the drug. I'm glad your meds are working for you, but please.. don't come in here and post "don't believe all the negative stuff you hear about this drug" crap.. or think you know more than anyone else about these drugs.. it's obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    I posted in this thread precisely because I have had no side effects and an excellent long term experience using Propecia. I can’t stand people like you who are unable to get their point across in a civil manner.
    That's great you've had no side effects, now please don't be dismissive of those of us who have. It's far more annoying than you having to hear about our claims. How does merely hearing negative things about a drug "discount your experience" with it anyway?