+ Reply to Thread

Default I Don't Know What To Do

Well I've balded so insanely fast over the past three months, I am at a complete loss as to how to handle the situation.

I have gone through so much in 2010 from my parents divorcing, insanely bad acne (still bad), social breakdown ect).

Then in the midst of all this balding came along. I used to be a handsome guy, not anymore. Anyway I say this cause I don't go out anymore, and I ignore everybody. Here's pretty much why.

On my birthday, I was at a friends house, they all sang happy brithday, except like three of them changed it to happy bald day. It was only my 19th brithday.

Then today at work, I got told they would "give me hair if they could" then they continued to say how crap it looked and how I needed treatment asap. Then they said and your "only 21, hahahaha" .... im 19.

People seem to love pointing it out to me, so I'm just going to stay inside the rest of my life. Life sucks, I have tried propecia for two months and I'm even wasting money on a hair clinic, however its too late now. Everyone notices it, everyone talks about, its funny to everyone else, "omg look at that guy, thats how you can go from being good looking to ugly.

I don't know what anyone can say to make it better, no one understands anyway. Everyone judges you on appearence, even friends, customers and the alike. People might say shave it off, but I have bad acne (lifes a bitch), and I've never seen a bald man with bad skin.

I am so sorry to hear what you've been experiencing. Most "hairfull" people don't realize have sensitive baldness is to the ones suffering from it. They do not consider that we do not enjoy losing our hair. We are losing it due to genetic or from a medical condition. Now, if we were trichotillomaniacs, that would be a different story. I wish that I had the magic potion that would cure your problem but the sad truth of the matter is that both propecia and minoxidil (only two FDA approved treatments) are not very promising when it concerns growing back the hair you loss. Those treatments are however fairly good at either slowing down the rate or stopping your hair loss. You're only 19 years old so you have an excellent chance of stopping any further hair loss. Have you tried concealers such as Toppik or Dermmatch? These products are quite miraculous in hiding your hair loss. You could gradually apply these and after a while, it would appear that your hair had gradually grown back.

*sigh* I know exactly what you mean when people say "shave it off" or "accept your baldness." Acceptance is stage 5 in the baldness cycle. It will be glorious when I reach this stage. However, I am still fighting it (Stage 3 and part of 4) and will try to put it off for as long as possible. There will come a time though when we have no other alternative but to come to peace with our condition. Think about it though. Look at all the bald men you see while walking the streets. Do they look strange to you? Do they look ugly? Of course they don't. In fact, they look perfectly happy and content. It is only a matter of "accepting" your fate. That's why I said that I will be glad when I reach this stage. But until I come to turns with it, I will continue to do everything I can to delay the inevitable and pray that a viable solution will emerge shortly. That is all we can do.

Please take solice in knowing that all of us understands exactly what you are going through. It is sad that often our closest family or friends are the ones that hurt us the most with their insensitive comments. We all need to be as strong as possible and continue on with life as best we can under the circumstances we've been dealt.

Best of luck to you.