+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sooo when you say "resume as if etc..." do you mean that if I take Fin for enough time that I normally would have went completely bald in that time, and then stop using it, that I will bald very quickly "as if I had never taken it"? Or do you mean that it will continue slowly at the same rate as it did before I started Fin?
    If you stop taking it, you will lose any benefit you had from taking it- so native hair that you managed to keep while on it will likely fall out within 12 months of discontinuing the medication.

BTW what's your opinion on the photos I posted? It seems like, while it's gotten a bit thinner on top, it's still pretty thick, and that I haven't lost any noticeable amount in the crown area as far as I can tell. Seems to just be a receding hairline, the more I think about it. But I would really appreciate other opinions.

Personally, I don't notice any thinning in the crown area or on top. It's possible that you are noticing some slight recession of the hairline and in the temples but it's certainly not something I would say is noticeable to anyone other than yourself (we're all our own worst critics ).

Well I can tell that it's thinning on top because of how it lays. I actually like it thinner like this because it's much more manageable, haha. Back when it was thicker it was really hard to style because it would always bounce back to its original shape, which was really annoying. Where it's at now I can pretty much do whatever I want with it.

So if my hair stays this thin and I'm just experiencing normal thinning from getting older I'm completely fine with that. I'm just worried it's going to continue. I've decided that if it does indeed continue, to the point where it's noticeable, that I'll get on the Fin/minodixil regimen but until that point I'm not going to worry about it.

Maybe I'll post some photos in a few days to show where it's at now, if I have some free time.

So just wanted to update on where I'm at. My hair has been steadily falling out, though it's still not noticeable unless you look closely. My hairline has receded a bit further and my hair on top has been thinning diffusely.

Nobody's noticed really except girls that have gotten up close to it. Last girl I had over commented on it when she was playing with my hair, but she didn't care and I'm not really phased by it.

I'm at the point where it's not embarrassing and I've accepted the fact that I'm losing my hair, and that some day I will, but that right now I'd rather not, and so I've gone on Finasteride. I'm on day 3 of the stuff and still no sides whatsoever, and it seems like my hair loss has slowed a bit, but I'm sure that's just due to me getting my hopes up. Fin takes a while to take effect and I'm sure it hasn't after just 3 days.

I'm going to continue the Fin for a month or two and if everything goes smoothly probably start using Minodixil until I'm at desired thickness then just stay on Fin.

It's really not a big deal at all to me to take a pill every day. I'm really healthy so I take a multi, a fish oil and a calcium every morning anyways so one more pill really isn't a big deal to me.

I ordered Finpecia off United Pharmacies, and it took forever to get here! I know Finpecia's legit, though, and it's cheaper than Propecia. I'll probably get to the point where I'll get a generic Fin prescription sometime down the line, probably through Walmart because that's the cheapest right now, but I'm not too concerned with that until I have to travel overseas. The last dermatologist I went to had the nerve to tell me that generic versions of Propecia don't exist! I'm sure he's being paid by the company to claim that, so when I do want to get a prescription I'll have to find another dermatologist or just do it through my doc.

I'll post some pics later, I'm sure you guys will all be like "What's the big deal you have tons of hair!" haha, but the point is to keep it all and not wait til it's all gone!

I'll keep this updated every couple weeks/months with progress.

Please do .

I took Finpecia for about a month before going off it. I was starting to get freaked out about sexual sides, mostly less firm erections and impotence, but I think I was just psyching myself out and it was mostly psychological. After about a week of being off Finpecia I went back to normal.

I just started taking it again about a week ago and I'm going to be more open to it. I think I might have some sexual sides but they're probably relatively minor and were just blown out of proportion by me freaking out about it. Plus now that I know that I go back to normal after getting off it really puts my mind at ease. I'm going to try it for a few months and see how it goes, monitor my hair and any potential sides closely without freaking out too much.

If I'm comfortable staying on it then in September or October I'll probably start doing mino until I get desired thickness.

your crown just looks like a cowlick ... You have more hair there than I do.:..and im 17...fml

hey dude any results? if you still come on here ha