+ Reply to Thread

Default Side effect after restarting Propecia

Can someone please explain to me why am i expericing side effect after 3 months from restarting propecia (low libido and weak erection), I ve stopped for several months...I did not experience any negative side effect in the first two yrs apart from some "positive" side effect increase in libido.

Anyone experienced this? Also could someone teach me what I should be doin now? i really cant afford to stop using propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by aiyosh View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why am i expericing side effect after 3 months from restarting propecia (low libido and weak erection), I ve stopped for several months...I did not experience any negative side effect in the first two yrs apart from some "positive" side effect increase in libido.

Anyone experienced this? Also could someone teach me what I should be doin now? i really cant afford to stop using propecia.
    Yeah, you are experiencing the normal side effects of taking propecia (ED), the one supposedly less than 2% of users get. Get used to it, that's what taking this drug will do to your dick. Only one solution in the long run IMHO. Quit.

I had to stop taking for the same reason as you. I can't believe that there aren't other people out there who are experiencing the same hell.

Hey I had the same problem fellas, but what I did and my doctor suggested, was to cut the pills in half with a pill splitter. I have taken the pills for almost one year now. At first I could not get super hard wood or sustain them with-out a lot of effort. Now that I have been doing this, the only problem is that I have had very few morning errections. Its not bad though because when I am in the bedroom I have no problem performing. So this might be worth a try guys.

Best of Luck,
    Nassau

I never stopped and re-started, but I did experience side-effects with propecia. Low libido, weaker erections, no morning wood, less ejaculate.
    Everything was fine for first 5-6 months, but then sides kicked in. I did see some great results, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth it. Luckily, once I stopped I returned to normal. I will never take that stuff again. For now, I'm using low level laser therapy, 5% minoxidil, & nizoral. I've been on this regimine for 2 years (no sides) and it's worked well, but not as good as propecia. Anyways only you can decide if it's right for you, but I just can't recommend the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Guy View Post
    I never stopped and re-started, but I did experience side-effects with propecia. Low libido, weaker erections, no morning wood, less ejaculate.
    Everything was fine for first 5-6 months, but then sides kicked in. I did see some great results, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth it. Luckily, once I stopped I returned to normal. I will never take that stuff again. For now, I'm using low level laser therapy, 5% minoxidil, & nizoral. I've been on this regimine for 2 years (no sides) and it's worked well, but not as good as propecia. Anyways only you can decide if it's right for you, but I just can't recommend the stuff.
    Stop taking the drug, and let yourself get back to normal first. Wait a whole month so you're hormones can readjust themselves. Then go to Walgreens, and buy yourself a pill cutter, and cut the pills into 1/4's... Then take .25mg everyday. It should be enough to have affect, and might eliminate the sides.

your welcome