+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tDoIt View Post
    With all this talk about Acell, I am surprised that no one on this forum, including Spencer, has brought up the news this week about stem cell research.

I am referring to the report that stem cells have been used, for the very first time, to create a living hair follicle. This report comes from Ronald Lauster at Berlin Technical University. The news has been reported in the popular media during the past few days. Spencer, what do you think about this news?
    hopefully he discusses it during his radio show tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tDoIt View Post
    With all this talk about Acell, I am surprised that no one on this forum, including Spencer, has brought up the news this week about stem cell research.

I am referring to the report that stem cells have been used, for the very first time, to create a living hair follicle. This report comes from Ronald Lauster at Berlin Technical University. The news has been reported in the popular media during the past few days. Spencer, what do you think about this news?
    Correction: The guy's name is Professor Roland Lauster.

hello all -- last spring Dr. Cole performed micro-needling with PRP /Acell on my crown. I was generally pleased with the amount of regrowth. I'm hoping to undergo another treatment with Dr. Cole to achieve higher density in the crown as well as gain some in the front were I have a number of grafts from CIT. I will also add that i had some grafts in the front last spring and Dr. Cole use PRP / Acell on the grafts. The result was a higher yield of follicles. Once a graft began to grow - 3-4 new hairs grew in around the transplanted hair. this was great news and very welcomed.

Default Glad To Read About Your Result

It's great to see independent substantiation of what Jerry Cooley and I are showing. If used properly, these result reports will multiply. ACell indeed results in what you have experienced. I am now working with a Surgical company that has successfully isolated the Adult Stem Cells and several important growth factors from the PRP to mix with the ACell and inject into the recipent as well as donor areas. PRP as a whole can be redundant in what it offers. ACell contains all of these and more. The key is to isolate the Adult Stem Cells and specific Growth Factors (ie: VRGF). ACell will also uniquely construct the scaffold necessary for tissue remodeling rather than healing by scar formation.
    Good luck with your next procedure-you are following the right track

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    hello all -- last spring Dr. Cole performed micro-needling with PRP /Acell on my crown. I was generally pleased with the amount of regrowth. I'm hoping to undergo another treatment with Dr. Cole to achieve higher density in the crown as well as gain some in the front were I have a number of grafts from CIT. I will also add that i had some grafts in the front last spring and Dr. Cole use PRP / Acell on the grafts. The result was a higher yield of follicles. Once a graft began to grow - 3-4 new hairs grew in around the transplanted hair. this was great news and very welcomed.
    I thought that Dr. Cole was very Skeptical of Acell and its advantages?

To clarify, he's skeptical of the 'plucking' concept and ACell as it relates to that but he's very optimistic that ACell has other beneficial applications for the hair transplant industry. He's been using ACell in conjunction with CIT procedures since early 2010 and seen numerous benefits, particularly related to healing (detailed in his original post).

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    So the above poster is saying that he had re-growth with just micro-needling and the combination of Acell and PRP on his crown. If I am reading it correctly, He did not have any grafts placed there?

Default Dr. Hitzig...

One of the pictures shown on your website shows a man who received 500 grafts over a large balding area of the scalp and the growth seems to be impossible for such a small number of FU's. Do you think Acell/PRP (Or your special version of PRP with the isolated growth factors that you're using now) is the answer for those with diffuse thinning in a MPB pattern. I'm 23 years old and have diffusely thinned on top but still have the back and sides, with those kind of results, it would seem I could only use like 500-1000 grafts and use PRP/Acell and get amazing results with excellent coverage for the time being.

I read a while back that you're going to post more results of your procedure done with Acell/PRP and show the amazing growth you've seen, I'm excited to see the results. Thank you for your research and for all the work you're putting into the hair loss community, it is greatly appreciated.

Default Keep Hoping

If I am thinking of the right patient you refer to, he was indeed a Class 7+ that I would have been reluctant to transplant prior to ACell. We transplanted the frontal third area of his scalp only. The afters are 6 months post procedure and are indeed "robust". There is no question in my mind that the ACell Mixture that we injected was responsible for the quick intense result. I believe the key is pre-mixing the Matristem with one's own concentrated Adult Stem Cells using the correct size particles and the correct formula and then injecting this "pre-activated" progenitor suspension into the wound sites we create.

The Holidays are both gladly and sadly over- so now back to work and yes further examples are forthcoming.
    Last edited by Gary Hitzig MD; 01-05-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: error in word

Default Acell/PRP

As you said before though, you are seeing a 3x or more than the amount of hair transplanted... Does that mean this is actually waking up dormant follicles and making them terminal hairs again? If that's the case then shouldn't just injecting Acell along with PRP without transplantation be a solution for diffuse thinners to strengthen their follicles that have miniturized and wake up the dormant follicles that are lying in the scalp?