+ Reply to Thread

Angry Does anyone else beat themself up for not doing somethin about your hairloss earlier?

I like to tell myself that I had a full, thick head of hair up until a couple months ago, but the reality is that the hair on the top of my hair was always slightly thinner, dryer, and generally unhealthier than on the sides ever since high-school. I remember always looking at the thin area at my crown in the mirror and just telling myself that I could see my scalp because of the glare, not because I was thinning. Years went by, and I was def. getting thinner, especially up front, but I kept ignoring it.
    Then, last august, I started medical school and the intense stress of 1st year caused me to lose an incredible amount of hair. Now, even when I buzz my hair off on a 1, you can still tell that my crown and hairline are thinner. I've been taking propecia for 8 months and try to use rogaine at least once a day (although I admit I'm not always compliant) and my hairloss has stopped, but I haven't noticed regrowth.
    Anyways, I can't help but beat myself up for not visiting a dermatologist when I first noticed the thinning and general sickly state of my hair. If only I could go back in time....

P.S. I'm 23 now. Do you think there is a chance my hair will regrow, or am I stuck with what I have now?

Stick with treatments as only 8 months in. Give it another 6 months and you might be pleasantly surprised !

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Oh, absolutely. One of my single biggest regrets is that I didn't start doing something sooner, so that I may have been able to prevent my hair loss being as bad as it is. I am constantly wishing I'd acted earlier.

I failed to notice my hairloss for a ridiculous amount of time. With the gradual loss and relative lack of hairloss in my immediate family it never occured to me that I was experiencing it. I've often wished that I'd had just one annoying comment from someone about it.
    As soon as I realised I was losing my hair I jumped on Propecia and have had great success with it for 5 years.

You may see increased thickening in the coming months.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I failed to notice my hairloss for a ridiculous amount of time. With the gradual loss and relative lack of hairloss in my immediate family it never occured to me that I was experiencing it. I've often wished that I'd had just one annoying comment from someone about it.
    As soon as I realised I was losing my hair I jumped on Propecia and have had great success with it for 5 years.

You may see increased thickening in the coming months.
    Yeah... I am actually upset that everyone was too polite to say anything. Even someone nasty saying, "You're going bald!" would've at least made me think about it.

You see, my hair isn't receding - it's thinning on top. Therefore I honestly had no idea for the longest time. And then when I finally got it looked at and saw the photos, I went HOLY SMOKE WHAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Yeah... I am actually upset that everyone was too polite to say anything. Even someone nasty saying, "You're going bald!" would've at least made me think about it.

You see, my hair isn't receding - it's thinning on top. Therefore I honestly had no idea for the longest time. And then when I finally got it looked at and saw the photos, I went HOLY SMOKE WHAT.
    yea, mine mwas thinning on top for years as well and, like I said, I always just figured that when I saw my scalp through the hair in the mirror, it was just because of the glare lol

Then last year, i started thinning up front as well and finally decided to do something...way too late of course