+ Reply to Thread

Default Repair or Camouflage

Well here is my story..
    I have had 3 HT back in the 90's and 1 repair back in 2002 with Dr Bernstein..My hairline has thinned some and now the older micro graphs are starting to show..Should I have them removed or have new graphs to fill in my hairline and camouflage them?

Hi,
    It really boils down to your individual situ/goal and if you still have the donor supply to work with (which i would have thought you would have)

A small tweak via FUE might be all thats required however possibly removal of some trouble minis might just do the trick.

My advice would be consult with a few docs in person to see what they feel is ideally the best solution to your long term goal.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Default Questions

Thank you for the quick response Spex...
    I am doing my do diligence and doing my research..
    I live in New Hampshire and there are a couple of doctors that I am interested in the area..
    Dr. Mark DiStefano who I had a consultation with. He suggested that he could camouflage the old graphs with 1500 graphs ($5000).. I am also interested in Dr Robert Leonard also in the same area..I have not consulted with him yet..
    Are you familiar with either of these Doctors? Dr DiStefano would use the strip method from my donor area, He said that I had good density and there would be no benefit using the FUE method. He said he could do the FUE method but it would almost double the cost...Anyways any information you could provide would be much appreciated...
    B's_Fan

Dont rush nto anything and consult with a few clinics mate
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Question

Why not go back to Dr. Bernstein if you had a good experience?

Yes..He would be another Doctor of choice...I am going through the process of interviewing doctors for their analysis as suggested be members of this forum.. It has been 9 years since I last seen him. Back then he wanted me to come back 3 times. ( 2 repairs and 1 HT) I believe he is pretty expensive now and there are other doctors in the NY area that have as good of a reputation as he does and would be good value..Dr True and Dr Dorin for example as well as Dr Beehner..

A third option, if you have only a limited donor supply left, would be to have the micro grafts removed and redistributed for a softer, more-natural look. The physicians you mention are all very skilled but make sure you ultimately select a doctor who has done a lot of documented repair work. I also agree with Spex that you will want to consult with a number of different physicians- as they may all have different approaches and ideas for you.