+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thinking about a transplant

I have been using Provillus for the last six months and have not seen any change. I have only been using it on the front of my head and I know it probably won't do me much good but I wanted to try it. My question is should I continue or think about a transplant? If so can anyone recommend a good doctor close to 95401. I looked at Bosley, good/bad? I'm sure I will need at least 2000 grafts and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for your time

Kevin

Dude your steering into the wrong direction, first of all get off those pills which promise awesome results but deliver none, second only look into IAHRS doctors, hope other more informed member can fill you in. Nonetheless welcome to the forums my hairline on my temples is receding also, and im only 21 Hairloss sucks dude but making informed and wise decisions are the way to go.

Not sure where your area is as i`m in the UK but what i`ve read on the net about the medical group you are considering is that if i were you i would do more research and start by looking into the docs who are posting their results on this forum.
    I opted to fly to Minesota from the UK for my HT as one thing i`ve learned the hard way is never let distance be an issue when choosing a doctor.

I would also look into Propecia and Rogaine as an alternative to what you currently use.

Have you any pictures you can post to give us a better idea of what your hairloss is like.

Cheers bm.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have been using Provillus for the last six months and have not seen any change. I have only been using it on the front of my head and I know it probably won't do me much good but I wanted to try it. My question is should I continue or think about a transplant? If so can anyone recommend a good doctor close to 95401. I looked at Bosley, good/bad? I'm sure I will need at least 2000 grafts and want to get the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for your time

Kevin
    Hey Kevin,

I’m glad you found our new forum! I’m providing a link to another post I responded to a few weeks back. I think the information provided will give you some perspective concerning the importance of doing your homework, and choosing the right hair transplant surgeon, if indeed you are a candidate for surgery.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...99&postcount=4

It’s important to note that male pattern hair loss is a genetic medical condition. Patients interested in effectively treating their hair loss should be treated by a physician who can prescribe legitimate FDA approved medication that can stop or slow the progression of their hair loss.

I’m also providing a link to a video that, in my opinion, speaks to the reality of the non-FDA approved hair loss treatment industry.
    Simple rule of thumb: If a product is being advertised that does not carry The American Hair Loss Association seal or is not a FDA approved move on.

Hair Loss Treatments Exposed: 20/20
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=312

Hope this helps.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Kevin:

I'll share my experiences with you, too, in the event that it may help.

I started to lose my hair in the late 1990s, and, immediately jumped into a surgery of 800grafts with Bosley in the year 2000. In retrospect, it was a mistake. What really bugs me about my past experience with Bosley is that they did NOT recommend any sort of FDA approved treatment (Propecia or Rogaine). My hair loss was so minor at that time that there is NO reason they should not have recommended Propecia or Rogaine for at least a year, to assess my results from these medications, before guiding me into a surgery. Instead, they leveraged my lack of knowledge in hair loss and total vulnerability to guide me into their surgical chair. My results were LESS THAN AVERAGE. Now, I know my surgery with Bosley was back in 2000, and that's some time ago. Maybe they have changed and moved on. But Bosley is a massive elephant in the hair loss industry. And elephants don't move very fast. I can go on and on about my experience with Bosley, but I do believe I have said enough to emphatically state my personal opinion on Bosley: STAY AWAY.

Instead, stick with the IAHRS doctors on this forum. Even if you may have not head of them, it's because they may not saturate the field with flashy marketing, as does Bosley.

Best of luck,

TeeJay

Thanks for all the advise. It will be sometime if at all before I can afford transplants so in the meantime I will continue with the Provillus.

Thumbs down

Thanks for all the advise. It will be sometime if at all before I can afford transplants so in the meantime I will continue with the Provillus.
    Kevin,

You should read Spencer's answer carefully. The AHLA does NOT recommend Provillus. And to our knowledge, Provillus is not an FDA approved hair loss product even though the company claims that it is.

You should see your doctor to ask about FDA approved medication to treat your hair loss.

It is the opinion of the AHLA and BaldTruthTalk that you are wasting your time and money using this unproven mail order product.

Kevin

Provillus is a supplement containing vitamins, minerals and various nutrients.It sounds very similar to Procerin which is another waste of money.
    Although Provillus is marketed as a product for prevention of hair loss and hair regrowth, like all other hair loss supplements, there is no clinical evidence to suggest Provillus will be effective to this purpose.
    Provillus is not a medically proven treatment for hair loss and there is no indication of any clinical trials having been carried out for the product on Provillus website.
    As i mentioned in my earlier post you should look into Propecia and Rogaine.

Imo you are wasting your time and money on this product.

OK I'll wait and hope I fall into some money. Still trying to find some one close so I can get a consultation to see what I'm up against as far as cost.

OK I'll wait and hope I fall into some money. Still trying to find some one close so I can get a consultation to see what I'm up against as far as cost.
    Kevin,

You don't have to wait until you "fall into some money" to begin treating your hair loss. Don't you currently spend money on a product that hasn't been working for you?

The key to success when treating hair loss is early intervention. No one here is pushing you into having a hair transplant. In fact, it might be possible to avoid surgery all together if you begin treating your hair loss with a product that actually works.

Surgery will always be there...There is no rush, but time is of the essence when attempting to maintain and regrow hair using effective medication.

Good luck!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.