+ Reply to Thread

Default Surgery is not the answer

I am not here to bash MDs nor the help that they are doing but I have been struggling with hair loss for the past 12 years. I tried many products and it just made me go bald faster. At one time, I even considered surgery. I did my research and decided to do the procedure. However, the after math is not what I was expecting. After 4 years of losing my hair, I did the surgery and it was the worst thing I could have done. I was 27 years old. I didn't want to be bald. The MD and the rest of the staff in one particular company convinced me into doing to surgery. I was skeptical but really wanted my hair back. I borrowed the money for the surgery. It cost $3,500.00. The surgery itself didn't hurt at all. I was so nervous but I really wanted this. After the surgery, for weeks I was waiting for the back of my head to heal. Eventually it healed. 3 months went by and I wasn't noticing hair grow. After 5 months I started to see hair growing but not to the extent where my whole top head was covered with hair. After 6 months, I realized that I wasn't going to get my full set of hair back. The hair that they placed in the top of my head wasn't enough to cover the whole top of my head. I was still bald and thin. That is when I realized that I made the biggest mistake of my life. Not only did I borrow money paying back with interest but I was still balding. I still couldn't go out into the world without a hat or handkerchief unless I would shave off my head. Now I have some hair back on the top but still not enough. I still look like I am seriously balding. When I shave all my hair off, you notice the big scare in the back of my head now. It’s a long line about 5 inches long. Now people see me and look at the huge scare and ask questions. Professionally, it really was the worst thing I could have done because of all the staring and being talk upon. I really don't like shaving my head bald because of the ugly scare but also because I don't like the bald look on me. I love my hair. I look a lot better with hair than without. After the surgery and all was said and done, I started looking for other ways so I don't have to be bald. I came across Hair Club for Men. Another bad experience.

oh my friend, your story touched me. im so sorry to hear about all that. im not sure what to say but i hope we can help you out somehow. I have been getting on this forum when ive been having a chance to tell people how i got my hair back. everyone in my family is bald and when i started thinning i went through a massive struggle trying to figure out what to do. after a LOT of money spent (money which i too, didnt have), and after a lot of stressing and research i almost accidentally stumbled upon health and nutrition. My hair is now thicker than ever before. im not on any products, drugs or treatments. I have written an article on my blog here: http://rockmybody.wordpress.com/2010...i-got-it-back/
    and i will be adding to that information whenever i find more honest information (hard to come by sometimes)

its all free information and it goes through what you should and shouldnt be eating as well as other crazy toxins like mercury. i always bring mercury up in forums because A LOT of people are being mercury poisoned particularly because they have mercury fillings and mercury is terrible for the hair.

im not saying i have the cure for everyone but it worked for me and others.
    i hope it helps you my friend.