+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by ohlife View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't take it. I tried.. 6 months in to it, my hair was as bad as ever and i developed Gyno which still hasn't gone away, a month after discontinuing propecia. I think whilst bad side effects of Propecia constitute the minority, theres a very good chance that propecia will alter your body and its way of functioning in SOME way. the fact that it can lower DHT, which in turn fails to control estrogen levels, which in turn leads to adverse and permanent side effects; all of that makes you wonder whether its worth taking propecia.
    Of course it will, the general consensus regarding DHT has greatly changed in the past 5 years regarding its role within the human body, DHT has a number of very important functions, not least the fact that it is many many more times potent than Test. I'd never like the prospect of trying propecia for 6 months, growing breasts, coming off propecia and having to spend the next 5 years wearing jumpers an coats to cover the gyno. Androgens are what make men MEN, by increasing your DHT levels through strength training and exercise your gyno will vanish but it takes a while.

If we all abandoned these garbage age-old anti-hormonal drugs it would put pressure on companies to develop better treatments.

Default hope this is helpful for you.

Propecia is available as a pill and has to be taken once a day with or without food. Propecia works by decreasing the enzyme activity that results in the formation of a chemical called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is primarily responsible for male and female pattern baldness. By blocking the conversion of hormones into DHT it helps to maintain the existing hair as well as in assisting re-growth of thinning hair follicles. In male pattern baldness, during each cycle of hair growth, the hair becomes thinner and finer till it stops growing altogether. Propecia helps by making these thin strands thicker.
    Rogaine is a solution of which ten drops need to be applied on the scalp twice a day. Although the exact action of Rogaine is unclear, researchers believe that it primarily prevents hair from thinning but in some patients can also increase the protein blocks which in turn make the hair follicles sprout new hair. When Rogaine is applied where there are hair follicles, it works as a hypertrichotic agent that can actually promote hair growPropecia is available as a pill and has to be taken once a day with or without food. Propecia works by decreasing the enzyme activity that results in the formation of a chemical called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is primarily responsible for male and female pattern baldness. By blocking the conversion of hormones into DHT it helps to maintain the existing hair as well as in assisting re-growth of thinning hair follicles. In male pattern baldness, during each cycle of hair growth, the hair becomes thinner and finer till it stops growing altogether. Propecia helps by making these thin strands thicker.
    Rogaine is a solution of which ten drops need to be applied on the scalp twice a day. Although the exact action of Rogaine is unclear, researchers believe that it primarily prevents hair from thinning but in some patients can also increase the protein blocks which in turn make the hair follicles sprout new hair. When Rogaine is applied where there are hair follicles, it works as a hypertrichotic agent that can actually promote hair growth.

Rather than avoid taking Propecia out of a fear of side effects, the most intelligent method is to try it out for a couple months.
    just saw this explanation from other MBP FAQs..seems encouraging for me....