Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carzar555
    • May 2010

Photos of military haircut with strip scar

17 months after FUT strip procedure I decided to do FUE into the scar. This 25 days after the FUE procedure. The grafts are not growing yet and most have dropped off, so this is how it looks before results of the scar revision are apparent. I've used a light dusting of Toppik on a few photos and you can can see a slight greenish hugh to them. I will grow this out a bit longer but now I know where I stand as far as cutting options go. I'll probably try this again in 6 months after the grafts grow in. The original scar was trico. This is not the best scar but certainly not the worst I've seen. I somehow don't really care if people notice. Some will know what it is and others will think it is from an accident or brain surgery. others will not even notice it at all. in any case, its my head, take it of leave it.
    Attached Files
  • Winston
    • Mar 2009

I think that’s an impressive strip scar. To be able to cut you hair that short and barely make out the scar shows the skill of your doctor. Once the FUEs grow out it should be completely undetectable. Thanks for posting these!

Comment

• DAVE52
      • Sep 2010

I agree
      Very nice
      You may want to leave the hair just a bit longer and you wouldm't nocitce a thing

Would you mind , or be willing , to post a pic of the top and front so we can see how it looks

Thanks

Comment

• mattj
        Doctor Representative
        • Oct 2009

Not bad at all. Do you know what grade it was cut to?
        I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Carzar555
          • May 2010

Thanks all for the kind words. I was a Norwood 2 hedging on 3. Now I'm a solid 2 or slightly less.
          DAVE - This post is only to show the scar so I won't post the front on this thread to avoid it turning into a new topic.
          Matt - The fade goes from a #1 to #2/3 (at the scar) to a #8 on top. Sort of like a slightly grown out High & Tight Marine style. My brother saw me and and yelled Semper Fi! He does not know about the HT and didn't notice the scar (or he would have given me sh*t, believe me).

Comment

• Stevie R
            • Aug 2012

Carzar do you have some after pics or what man? Lets take a look brotha, I want some FUE into the scar as well.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
              IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
              • Nov 2008

If your scar is not that visible with the hair length as in the photos it will only look better once the FUE grafts start growing.
              Dr. Glenn Charles
              Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
              View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

So without doing the FUE in to the scars, you could see the scars? I skipped straight to your pictures and was going to say wow that's a nice FUT you got, but now I see you got an FUE to cover it. But still, it looks very good, and that's a very good idea to do FUT first, and then FUE to cover the scars. It looks really good and it hasn't even grown in entirely.

How many grafts did you use for the FUE, I suppose you didn't use that much since it's just a strip to cover.

Comment

• Winston
                  • Mar 2009

Highlander, If you continue to disrespect this forum and its users I will unfortunately have to remove your account.

Comment

• dex89
                    • Jul 2012

It looks pretty clean man, if anything just tell them it's a battle scar. lol

Comment

• Stevie R
                      • Aug 2012

So Carzar, got any pics of that FUE into the scar...when you get them you should definitely post them brotha, my scar is very similar in location at least.

Comment

• chrisis
                        • Feb 2012

Carzar555, who was your doctor?

Comment

• Stevie R
                          • Aug 2012

@chrisis can you see carzars FUE into scar pics, thinking bout oing the same thing

Comment

• chrisis
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Stevie R
                            @chrisis can you see carzars FUE into scar pics, thinking bout oing the same thing
                            It's quite encouraging for FUT I guess, but I'd like to see what the FUE looks like in a few months if carzar would be happy to update us

Comment

• Stevie R
                              • Aug 2012

@ chrisis "It's quite encouraging for FUT I guess, but I'd like to see what the FUE looks like in a few months if carzar would be happy to update us "

Dude your hair looks good, no matter what your gonna do you will have a scar and if you don't wanna shave down now you may want to in the future, what if your stressed and the rogaine and the procecia don't work...then what you will be left with patches, ya know? You should take a look at some other forums if you are not convinced on this one, HTs are not for our generation, they are for dudes from the 80s that rock longer hair on the sides and when bald can rock the horseshoe. You sound like your not rich and look at how Nicholas Cage looks and he IS rich...just saying man, don't waste your time and money, no scar on your head is a good scar and your psychology afterward will change believe me, DON'T DO A HT.

Comment

Working...