Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

Hairmax LaserComb

I am not associated with ANYONE or ANYTHING. This is what I have concluded about this product:

The hairmax lasercomb is one of the many scams out there. It does nothing for hair yet they claim it does. They didn't release their clinical trials because of the extremely poor results. The placebo did better than the lasercomb. The lasercomb doesn't grow hair.

I've seen too many people and heard too many voices about how they got scammed. I am pretty much fed up.

Lexington international has caught posting on another popular hair loss forum pretending to be a hair loss sufferer and supporting the product. The IP the user used to post came directly from Lexington International.

There you have it. The company themselves have been CAUGHT spamming forums saying the product worked for them. This is a common tactic used by these con men.

Do not believe what anyone tells you. This thing doesn't work and I have never seen a legitimate story where someone grew hair with this garbage.

I have been quite consumed by hair loss and really wanted to buy one of these, almost payed for one. They could have had my $500! Many, many people get scammed by them. Not everyone has the time to research everything and they cannot be blamed for their mistakes.

This product simply DOES NOT work. There is no proof it does. It is like using a spoon on your head. There is just as much evidence for the spoon as there is for the lasercomb.

They cleverly word everything! Be aware! They say "We have the FDA behind us." and things like that. It's only SAFE to use. There is no evidence it works. They are successful because of their clever marketing.

Another example of very clever wording(from their website banner):

January 2007, FDA clears the Hairmax LaserComb for the PROMOTION of HAIR GROWTH.

Even a spoon could get this clearance! A spoon is safe to use for the promotion of hair growth! But there is no evidence for it!

Please, do not fall for their clever tactics. As anyone with a scam product would do...they also try to get reputable doctors behind them, good doctors. Do not think for a second this adds ANY legitimacy to the product. Just read the real reviews by REAL people and not the company spam. The product does NOT work.

They are extremely clever, and I have had enough of it. More money should be spent finding real cures and funding people who actually do good.
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

I encourage anyone to save my avatar to their computer and use it as their avatar!

Screw these people. They have made this personal from the start. If I can save a few people from buying this crap then that is enough for me. I am only one voice!

Comment

• notnot71
      • Nov 2010

Laser comb

Thanks for your post. I'm currently treated (at SVENSON's Philippines) using low level laser light and I'm not seeing any improvement. I was thinking of buying the laser comb to have my own portable one. But with the info that you shared I rather saved it for HT.

Comment

• gmonasco
        Inactive
        • Apr 2010

Even a spoon could get this clearance! A spoon is safe to use for the promotion of hair growth! But there is no evidence for it!
        January 2011, FDA clears the Hairmax LaserSpoon for the PROMOTION of HAIR GROWTH.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
          • Mar 2010

What a lot of people don't realise is that the FDA has a lot of levels of clearance. At one level, their job is to keep people physically safe and aren't particularly concerned about whether a product works. Clearance is normally given when some crappy hippy product is shown to be harmless. For example, once they determined that the laser comb wasn't going to give you brain cancer or melt your face, they cleared it. Approval as a medication is a whole other ball game; at that level, the stuff your selling actually needs to work.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
            • Mar 2010

Yeah but they are pretty clever how they word it. People fall for it, all the time...

They are making a TON of money.

Comment

• Gubter_87
              • Aug 2010

I actually contacted the FDA about the 510k approval and according to them it is a clearance for both safety AND efficiacy. How on earth hairmax managed to get this is a mystery, cause I truly believe that it is useless except for spot treatment.
              However I do believe lasers can be beneficial for some people, I myself use one of OMG's laser helmets and am hoping to get something out of it.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                • Mar 2010

lol

Show me one study where it proved efficacy. There really are none. It's a nice joke this thing.

Comment

• Gubter_87
                  • Aug 2010

There's one of the few placebo controlled studies I have seen:

Treatment with LLLT over one year increased scalp hair as determined by scalp hair counts, patient self-assessment, investigator assessment, and global photographic assessment, when compared with placebo. Long-term treatment was generally well tolerated, and the results of these studies demonstrate that LLLT leads to durable improvements in hair growth in men with MPHL and women with FPHL and slows the further progression of hair loss that occurs without treatment.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                    • Mar 2010

Ah i think ive seen that one before. Thats not the lasercomb though is it? In the lasercomb study the thing actually does worse than the placebo.

I think thats the only study(if it is the one i rememb) where I actually see that lasers do something. If its accurate etc though.

I'd love for lasers to work but seems they just don't.

Has anyone looked into that laser type used in that study? Also, have u seen any other studies where lasers work?

Comment

• Gubter_87
                      • Aug 2010

No you are right, that study is not for the laser comb. The hairmax is far too weak to have any kind of effect.

I am sure you can find more studies at overmachograndes site www.overmachogrande.com.

The thing is lasers are used widely through the world of medicine for faster healing, acne, etc. They obviously have some kind of stimulating effect on the body. I believe this also works beneficial when it comes to hair loss. But you need a powerful enough device! And even though it is no magical cure, as always different people will respond differently.

Just to compare - I believe a hair max comb has somehwhere around seven five mw diodes. My laser helmet has about 350 five mw diodes.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                        • Mar 2010

I just can't believe in lasers until they work for me or someone trustworthy. I've seen an insane amount of people who say it's just a scam and who payed a ton of money.

Comment

• Gubter_87
                          • Aug 2010

Keepthehair; I am not trying to persuade you into believing in one thing or the other. Just trying to offer my experiences and opinions on the subject and hopefully give people a more balanced view of lasers for hair loss than "they're all a scam."

I am one of those who went to an expensive laser clinic who charged far too much, but they promised me the world and I was young and desperate so I paid up.
                          And I did notice a decrease in the amount of hairs I shed after a few months of treatment, but the effect only lasted while I still went for treatment twice a week. As soon as we started to ween me off the lasers, my hair started falling out again (they had promised the result would last at least five years). And when comparing my pre-treatment picture to my pictures one year later my hair was looking worse.

I believe the laserscam consist of clinics promising clients way too much and charging sick amount of money for the treatment. I paid about $7000 for treatments spaced over a one year period. I cannot think of any other word for it than plain and simple robbery. It is absolutely sick! And because I believed what they said I actually ended up loosing ground because I did not get on finasteride as they said it was not necessary.

However if someone build their own laser helmet or purchase one from someone like OMG, then they are not paying those kind of prices. I think OMG charges about $1000 for a 300 diode helmet, which you can use for several years. Compare that to what I paid for one years worth of treatment at the clinic (and their laser hood only had 100 diodes).

I believe in lasers as a treatment used in conjunction with finasteride and possibly minoxidil. I do not believe they are enough to combat hair loss on their own.

However I totally agree with you that people should not waste their time at expensive laser clinics or even bother with the hairmax (which is way to weak to produce any kind of effect).

I would advice anyone who is interested in the use of lasers to fight hair loss to go to OMG's site, www.overmachogrande.com and be sure to the read the sections "you are going to pay too much for your laser" and "your laser device wont be strong enough".

Comment

• FAA952
                            • Sep 2009

I actually ended up buying a laser comb from Ebay last year and charted my results for four months on this website (link to that thread below). I aimed at doing six months, but stopped at around four. I definitely noticed results in the four months I used it. It wasn't amazing results, but they were noticeable and in retrospect I wish I didn't get lazy about the treatment.

Toppik was the best and worst thing that happened to me. It was the best in the sense that it gave me the appearance of having a great head of hair. It was the worst, because it gave me an excuse to stop using all other treatments.

I'm hoping to get engaged soon and want to look my best. To prepare, I've started using the Hairmax Lasercomb again in conjunction with Rogaine and Propecia. I've had good results with all three and this time I'm going for a home run. I'll probably track my results in a separate thread after a month or so. Also, I started doing P90x and highly recommend it. Won't do a thing for hair loss, but it's awesome.

Link to old thread: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...1&goto=newpost

Comment

Working...