+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No you are right, that study is not for the laser comb. The hairmax is far too weak to have any kind of effect.

I am sure you can find more studies at overmachograndes site www.overmachogrande.com.

The thing is lasers are used widely through the world of medicine for faster healing, acne, etc. They obviously have some kind of stimulating effect on the body. I believe this also works beneficial when it comes to hair loss. But you need a powerful enough device! And even though it is no magical cure, as always different people will respond differently.

Just to compare - I believe a hair max comb has somehwhere around seven five mw diodes. My laser helmet has about 350 five mw diodes.

I just can't believe in lasers until they work for me or someone trustworthy. I've seen an insane amount of people who say it's just a scam and who payed a ton of money.

Keepthehair; I am not trying to persuade you into believing in one thing or the other. Just trying to offer my experiences and opinions on the subject and hopefully give people a more balanced view of lasers for hair loss than "they're all a scam."

I am one of those who went to an expensive laser clinic who charged far too much, but they promised me the world and I was young and desperate so I paid up.
    And I did notice a decrease in the amount of hairs I shed after a few months of treatment, but the effect only lasted while I still went for treatment twice a week. As soon as we started to ween me off the lasers, my hair started falling out again (they had promised the result would last at least five years). And when comparing my pre-treatment picture to my pictures one year later my hair was looking worse.

I believe the laserscam consist of clinics promising clients way too much and charging sick amount of money for the treatment. I paid about $7000 for treatments spaced over a one year period. I cannot think of any other word for it than plain and simple robbery. It is absolutely sick! And because I believed what they said I actually ended up loosing ground because I did not get on finasteride as they said it was not necessary.

However if someone build their own laser helmet or purchase one from someone like OMG, then they are not paying those kind of prices. I think OMG charges about $1000 for a 300 diode helmet, which you can use for several years. Compare that to what I paid for one years worth of treatment at the clinic (and their laser hood only had 100 diodes).

I believe in lasers as a treatment used in conjunction with finasteride and possibly minoxidil. I do not believe they are enough to combat hair loss on their own.

However I totally agree with you that people should not waste their time at expensive laser clinics or even bother with the hairmax (which is way to weak to produce any kind of effect).

I would advice anyone who is interested in the use of lasers to fight hair loss to go to OMG's site, www.overmachogrande.com and be sure to the read the sections "you are going to pay too much for your laser" and "your laser device wont be strong enough".

I actually ended up buying a laser comb from Ebay last year and charted my results for four months on this website (link to that thread below). I aimed at doing six months, but stopped at around four. I definitely noticed results in the four months I used it. It wasn't amazing results, but they were noticeable and in retrospect I wish I didn't get lazy about the treatment.

Toppik was the best and worst thing that happened to me. It was the best in the sense that it gave me the appearance of having a great head of hair. It was the worst, because it gave me an excuse to stop using all other treatments.

I'm hoping to get engaged soon and want to look my best. To prepare, I've started using the Hairmax Lasercomb again in conjunction with Rogaine and Propecia. I've had good results with all three and this time I'm going for a home run. I'll probably track my results in a separate thread after a month or so. Also, I started doing P90x and highly recommend it. Won't do a thing for hair loss, but it's awesome.

Link to old thread: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...1&goto=newpost