+ Reply to Thread

Cool Starting to have hairloss. Does weight lifting affect this?

I have always have had a decent amount of hair on my head. Even to this day my hairline has somewhat maintained its position. I am currently 32. For the past year or so I have been working out aggressively to gain muscle mass. I have included some aerobic exercise as well from time to time.

Recently within the last 6 months, if not more, I have noticed gradual thinning on the top of the head. I usually keep the sides of my head short but I have also noticed some hairs in the side of the head to look weaker and not as strong. This can obviously be said for the top of the head as well.

It’s not coming out in clumps but I have noticed more in the drain and just falling out in general as well as some of them are becoming thinner

I do take supplements. I take protein, and was taking super pump (similar to NO xplode. This includes creatine as well. I recently changed to force factor which again is similar to NO xplode but does not have creatine. I did not want to take creatine anymore.
    My questions are:

If I stop taking supplements with creatine I am wondering, will help the hairloss?

Is Nitric Oxide supplement to blame?

Is weight lifting causing the hair loss? If you go to Wikipedia for Androgenic alopecia it talks about types of exercise and seems to indicate this increases free testosterone which in turn results in possible hairloss. So maybe if I am cursed with MPB then I shouldn’t be lifting weights?

Do you still think saw palmetto is a waste of time? How about with Beta-Sitosterol?

I am at the point where I can see the thinning. People, mainly family say I crazy but they could be just saying that to be nice, but also I was blessed with thick hair so that has seemed to help as well as using shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair.

I am afraid to take propecia so I was trying to see if my habits or current intake had anything to do with it. Sorry for the long question but I have been reading into this stuff for a while. So many questions. Thanks.

Nick

Smile just noticed other articles on this topic

Sorry,
    I just noticed some of the other articles on this question. But if anyone has any other comment feel free to include them. Thanks.

I think the general expert consensus is that weight lifting will not have any effect of hair loss.