+ Reply to Thread

Default For the ppl who is thinkin of switching to avo and hav Prope as a fall back - warnin

I ve been taking propecia for more than 2 yrs now with no negative effect apart from INCREASE in Libido, i don think this is negative rite . at the begining of this yr i ve decided to switch to Avodart jus to strengthen my regime after 5 months of trying, as i don see much of an improvement so i don think it is a wise idea to stick with it so I switched back to propecia. However after getting back to Propecia for around 3 months NEGATIVE side effect suddenly starting to appear which i ve never experienced before in the 2 yrs of propecia...loss in libido, weak erection, watery semens etc..i thot i was a good candidate so i had propecia as my fall back...but now things turn out to be quite the opposite and i might even hav to stop taking it.

At the moment I m tryin to figure out whether this is caused by my stress ( as i m experiecing big changes recently) or is it really from propecia, i will try stopping the med for around 2 weeks to see whether the side will go away or not. so this is jus an initial warning (might not be true) for the people who is thinkin of stopping and restarting propecia that if you can don try and stop and restart...as u might experience negative side the second time round.

Quote Originally Posted by aiyosh View Post
    I ve been taking propecia for more than 2 yrs now with no negative effect apart from INCREASE in Libido, i don think this is negative rite . at the begining of this yr i ve decided to switch to Avodart jus to strengthen my regime after 5 months of trying, as i don see much of an improvement so i don think it is a wise idea to stick with it so I switched back to propecia. However after getting back to Propecia for around 3 months NEGATIVE side effect suddenly starting to appear which i ve never experienced before in the 2 yrs of propecia...loss in libido, weak erection, watery semens etc..i thot i was a good candidate so i had propecia as my fall back...but now things turn out to be quite the opposite and i might even hav to stop taking it.

At the moment I m tryin to figure out whether this is caused by my stress ( as i m experiecing big changes recently) or is it really from propecia, i will try stopping the med for around 2 weeks to see whether the side will go away or not. so this is jus an initial warning (might not be true) for the people who is thinkin of stopping and restarting propecia that if you can don try and stop and restart...as u might experience negative side the second time round.
    wow, looks like you're experiencing some of the negative side effects no one ever experiences! LOL Wake up it's the propecia.

Aiyosh, I don't know how long you were on Avodart for, but the side effects experienced from taking avodart are much longer lasting than those produced from Propecia. It is possible that the side effects you're experiencing are from the avodart and may continue even if you discontinue your use of propecia.

Thanks for your reply thinfast,

I thot of tat too actually..but i didnt experience any while i was takin avodart for 5 months, i switched back to propecia for 2 months now..and i m experiecing side effect all of a sudden, this could be a cause may b. do u know how long would avodart side effect approximately las?