HT regret, looking for help - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sorry its not that I don't believe you but I'm much more inclined to think that you may have had some sort of nutritional deficiency to begin with, but maybe a real doctor can chime in on this. If it was that easy then everyone would be doing it with great success. It is interesting that I tend to have the same eating problems. Too much meat, refined sugars, not enough raw fruits and veggies.

Even when I was eating much more balanced meals I was shedding a lot, although not nearly as bad. I always figured I would thin out eventually since I shed a lot even as a teenager. My sister does too but she has the luxury of being female in this regard. I'll certainly try eating better as I've been meaning to for a while now. I'm not expecting it to have any effect though.

Quote Originally Posted by CHB88 View Post
    Sorry its not that I don't believe you but I'm much more inclined to think that you may have had some sort of nutritional deficiency to begin with, but maybe a real doctor can chime in on this. If it was that easy then everyone would be doing it with great success. It is interesting that I tend to have the same eating problems. Too much meat, refined sugars, not enough raw fruits and veggies.

Even when I was eating much more balanced meals I was shedding a lot, although not nearly as bad. I always figured I would thin out eventually since I shed a lot even as a teenager. My sister does too but she has the luxury of being female in this regard. I'll certainly try eating better as I've been meaning to for a while now. I'm not expecting it to have any effect though.
    Hey no problem at all buddy. You know your body better than I do. You're right, im talking from personal experience, I might not have the answer for you, unfortunately. However, even if it doesnt help 100% it may help in some way. I definitely know that mercury, too much protein, high blood pressure and high glycemic foods stress the body. For some people, when on a bad diet, the first thing to go is their immune system and they develop cancer. For others, the first thing to go is their insulin and they develop diabetes. For others hair is the first thing to go.

You are right that I did have some deficiences. But most people do. Not only that but everyone in my family is bald. As far as i'm aware there arent many people on my diet who are bald, but i certainly want you to listen to your body. i dont want to make things worse.

the reason why everyone else isnt finding success with nutrition is gernerally 2 reasons. 1. People are rarely encouraged to get good nutrition from good foods. people are usually encouraged to get suppliments. 2. Most people arent 100% sure how to be healthy even if they tried. I can tell you if you're not eating raw or steamed broccoli and kale everyday, then you are missing out. No suppliment can help you the way whole foods do.

If at all, you want ANY information on health and nutrition let me know. If i dont know the answer I'll try and research it for you. If you are interested but still want to eat meat, I can tell you the best ways to eat meat and veges, and thats very good. Fruits and vegies are even better, but the right meats and veges may also help. apologies for the ramble, i just want to help. I fixed myself doing this and would love to share this info if it help others.

all the best buddy!!

dfoz

At a year post HT I had a lot of redness. i too was really worried about bumpiness and redness in the recipient area. If you're like me, it will fade over the next year. I am 18 months post op and the redness has improved dramatically since 12 months. Hang in there, we heal at different rates and you are just hyper sensitive. It will get better. Doing a repair now is premature IMO.

So I think this topic got a little off track, but I'm still looking for other suggestions to treat the scalp.

My problems are itching, dandruff, redness and (lack of) smoothness.

I'm not as worried about the donor area but I if anything can be done to smooth out the FUE scars it would probably help too.

Are there any pics out there at all? even returning patient shaven down pics?

Sorry, I didn't see some of the later posts and can't edit my old post anymore.

Carzar, the problem is that my results are severely lacking and I'm starting to fade away even more.
    I originally only wanted to fill in one spot but now everything is pretty much going, I wouldn't have ever done it if I had known how far along I was already.

I think this topic got a little off track, but ultimately I'm looking for two things:

- Pics of shaven down recipient areas to see how it might look
    - Suggestions to treat the scalp and how to proceed with my situation

I'm unsure if I need a repair at this point... I still have barely acceptable density all over but the hairline is really exposing itself since I wear my hair up.
    I would prefer not to have any more surgeries at this point. The experience was really trying on my self-image and emotions.

I don't know if shaving down then later razoring down would be a better option. I'm apprehensive of how it would eventually look with a few FUE in the hairline and nothing behind it.
    I can definitely pick out some FUE grafts from the native hairs based on the root.

My skin problems are itching, dandruff, redness and (lack of) smoothness. It has gotten better for sure, but it definitely gets red from time to time.
    Obviously that makes me worried if I'll have a neon sign on the front of my face. Even if it isn't red, I'm quite sure the skin texture won't match up properly.

I'm not as worried about the donor area but I if anything can be done to smooth out the FUE scars it would probably help too.

I thought I was willing to take this all the way with strip and multiple surgeries but unfortunately I think I've given up on it all.
    I just want to feel normal again.

Unhappy

I thought I was willing to take this all the way with strip and multiple surgeries but unfortunately I think I've given up on it all.
    I just want to feel normal again
    I know the feeling all too well

Send me an e-mail to

Rupert_g2003@yahoo.com

I can link you to a website where other guys have had HT's and decided to shave it all off - you can see their pics , a\lthough your scar may differ from theirs -

Cheers

Thanks, that would really help although I'm dealing with FUE and not strip thank goodness. I really hope my skin evens out one day.

I've seen some videos of professional micro-needling and it looks almost as invasive as FUE recipient needling. The rollers shown on the doctor show seem much less invasive, I'm wondering if there's anywhere to get something like that in Canada. Seems there's a possibility it could hurt as much as it helps though.

Is there a post where you can share your story Dave? I'm curious of your experience.

Okay I just spent a few hours examining myself and I'm officially depressed.
    The pitting I'm seeing is pretty bad, I don't even know if shaving down is an option now. I need help.

Okay I just spent a few hours examining myself and I'm officially depressed.
    The pitting I'm seeing is pretty bad, I don't even know if shaving down is an option now. I need help.
    Man, call Dr. Cole tomorrow. Just talk to his people for a few minutes and tell them your situation. It won't cost you a dime.

Yeah I attempted to contact his office and we'll see. I'm not sure why the pitting looked so bad yesterday but today seemed to be a bit better. Perhaps there was some inflammation that made it look worse. I can mostly notice if from a certain angle but it is definitely there.

Unfortunately it seems that Dr. Cole does mostly surgical repair which I'm not sure I want right now. I just want my skin smoothness and colour back. I can try to deal with shaving every day since I plan to do that anyways.