+ Reply to Thread
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Default Early growth in 70 year old after radiation therapy, by Dr Lindsey

Here's an early update on one of my closest friends. He had radiation therapy that definitely hit his donor region 5 years ago. After 19 years of talking about surgery, we got him in the chair Dec 19 and he sent 4 month pics on April 19 showing its starting to grow.

Additionally, his donor scar is awesome...common in 70 year old guys as they have lost 70% of the "stuff" that pulls the skin and makes scars worse.... but that it is really good with no shockloss around the scarline in an irradiated field is even better.

He is one of the most upbeat guys I know...and I do think that having a good attitude more often that not...is associated with early growth. Contrast that to another of my friends who has more of a "woe is me" attitude on life..and he's definitely slower growing even though he has bushy hair to work with and no radiation exposure.

We'll get updates on him and a final result and likely video come Christmas time.

The video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwbvssFUD7s

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

This thread made me so emotional!

Wow, that's great news about your friend's progress! It's amazing how much of a difference a positive attitude can make, huh? I'm glad to hear that he's doing well after his surgery and radiation therapy. It's really encouraging to see that his donor scar is healing nicely too. Speaking of radiation exposure, I actually started using emf protective fabric recently. It's supposed to help shield you from electromagnetic radiation from things like cell phones and Wi-Fi routers. I'm not sure if it really works, but I figure it can't hurt to try, especially since we're surrounded by so many devices these days. Maybe it could even be helpful for people who have had radiation therapy like your friend.

Civil appeals typically involve disputes between parties over legal issues while criminal appeals involve challenges to attorneys in Florida criminal convictions or sentences.

An amazing guidebook has been prepared for the customers of the bearings. The range of the iko linear guide is pushed for the turns. The right use of the site for the purchase is helpful and supportive for future deals from the website.