+ Reply to Thread

Default Review - Dr Marc Dauer Los Angeles

Hi All,

I thought i would provide a review of my second FUE procedure with Dr Marc Dauer.

Some history. I had a procedure done about 5 years ago by Dr Reddy, things seemed to go well and growth took place in a satisfactory manner. Over the past year or so i noticed that the front temples and frontal peak were thinning out a lot more and it was evident that i may of had a procedure done. What was the dead giveaway was the pronounced pitting in the graft locations and gave me a 'dolls head' appearance which I was not pleased with.

What with lockdown it felt like a great time to have some corrective surgery done and thicken up the areas that were sparse. Having rang around different doctors in the Los Angeles area I ended up settling with Marc Dauer. I had read reviews and what helped was that he provided a free consultation rather than a payment up front like a lot of the doctors in the area.

Meeting with Dr Dauer was great. The guy is honest and personable. It appears that he has a strong interest in the artistry of the process and this is something I think can be missing in some potential doctors. He mentioned that the previously inserted grafts were likely too deep and had caused the pitting i was seeing. He was honest to say there was nothing that could be done to rectify this however his process would be more delicate than before. I believe his exact words were, "I wish i was the first to this party" which made me laugh.

The procedure itself went well other than a racing heart due to the anesthesia, that soon subsided and we started the extraction. The extraction itself was painless, performed by Dr Dauer and i was intrigued by the mechanized extraction tooling he used rather than the manual punch method Reddy used.

After lunch, the insertion technicians started their work with Dr Dauer performing the insertion incisions and all was wrapped up after 4-5 hours. Pain was minimal with some slight discomfort on the first night sleep.

What is really impressing me is the rapid healing im experiencing in the donor area. With Dr Reddy i feel like the donor site took ages to heal with large crusts and bleeding present. Its been 2 days and there are no punch holes present with redness from the pictures ive been taking. Very impressive and it feels much more advanced then what i saw before.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the results in the near future and would like to recommend Dr Dauer if you are in North America. Great guy, great team!