Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blowmeup
    • Nov 2008

Can heavy weight lifting cause hair loss, from CNN Health

I always kind of thought people were worried about nothing. Found this on CNN health.
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

I would tend to agree with the CNN reporter that the testosterone supplements that many weightlifters take is what may accelerate hairloss in those that are genetically predisposed. Not necessarily the actual weightlifting itself.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• paultribbiani
      • Oct 2020

I believe some people are getting their hair loss because of either genetically acquired or sign of aging?
      Maybe consult your physical therapist too for clarification, may I suggest the best clinic Fort McMurray Physiotherapy that you may consult anytime

Comment

• zerbalat
        • Mar 2022

I think that some people lose hair because they go over the top with steroids and stuff

Comment

• genrystill
          • Mar 2022

Thank you for sharing the link. I’ve always thought big sport is dangerous. Especially heavy lifting, because the athletes there tend to use lots of chemical supplements that cannot be good for health. I’ve also heard that any actor or athlete who is extremely ripped or has got tanked too fast has used steroids. It is impossible to get a body like that in a couple of months. So, if you want to do weightlifting sports, I’d recommend consulting a doctor first. For example, center Adria Medical Center. The doctor will tell you what weight is safe for you and how you should organize your training depending on your individual features.

Comment

Working...