+ Reply to Thread

Default 28 year old - need advice

Hi all,

I noticed my hair thinning at 26 but didn't really do anything about it. It's been a couple years, and I have seen it slowly getting thinner and thinner at my crown, but didn't really think that I had MPB because none of the male members of my family were bald. However, my mom has noticeably thin hair and so does all of her sisters and her mom. I never thought I could inherit baldness from my mom!?! Anyways, I went to a dermatologist a few months ago and explained everything to him and he says that I could have been just one of the "lucky" ones and inherited the baldness from my mom. He offered to prescribe me propecia. I was actually kinda relieved that now I know I have MPB and should just live with it. But it still has been bugging me every day and I just tend to shave my head (not all the way bald, usually with just a one guard). But lately, I have been growing it out, especially since I have to meet with a lot of clients for work and have to appear "professional". What really got me to post today was that I was talking to this girl earlier, and she just straight out said "you're balding!" I kinda brushed it off like it didn't bother me, but I knew I would be obsessing about that comment all day. I hate to admit that I have been obsessing about my hair everday now for the past couple years and think that its time to do something about it.

Do you think propecia would work for my type of baldness? I have attached a couple of pictures. (They don't look too bad cuz i was under bad lighting but u can really see the thinning under bright lights) Will it work even if I inherited my baldess from my mom?

if I use and I start to see shedding, is it a good idea to just keep shaving my head for a few months, and then hopefully by then the shedding will be over and I could grow out my hair?

thanks for any advice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00180.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	7512   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00182.jpg

Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	7513  

In my experienced opinion i genuinely feel you could really respond well to meds, defo!

Any shed is only short term , so ride it, even if it happens.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Propecia often has the most dramatic results with your type of baldness. It's definitely worth a try. It doesn't matter which side you inherited the hairloss genes from.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com