Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lax4life
    • Sep 2010

Is it balding or not?

Earliest pictures end of august. Last picture is 4 days ago. Balding or not?
    Attached Files
  • lax4life
    • Sep 2010

help is appreciated
    Attached Files

Comment

• mkamph
      • Dec 2008

looks like you've had some thinning on the crown and slight recession. nothing major, though.

Comment

• lax4life
        • Sep 2010

I would like to take precautionary action but i'm also 16 bro i don't want to lose my hair just yet ya know?

Comment

• mkamph
          • Dec 2008

i'd see a dermatologist. your best bet would be to see an iahrs doc if you can. also, there's a doc in new york, dr hitzig, who is doing scalp injections with aterial blood and acell that may be able to stop and reverse mpb.

Comment

• lax4life
            • Sep 2010

I don't want to be a lab rat with that type of thing and I went to a dermatologist when I had warts and she basically told me to not worry about it but I am worried...and idt i can afford to see a iahrs doctor about this in the city

Comment

• mkamph
              • Dec 2008

a consult with an iahrs doc usually is free and different docs have different opinions and advice. i don't think there is much risk with the injections as the blood would be yours. you really only have a few options: do nothing, propecia, rogaine, or injections of some sort.

Comment

• ryan555
                • Oct 2010

Take a deep breath my man. First off, just like mkamph said, you can get a consult with a iahrs doctor for free. These are good guys who can advise you on what to do next. Your best bet at the moment is Propecia - it really does stop hair loss and quite possibly reverse what has already happened. The only issue might be your age because it is generally prescribed to guys over 18, but the doctor can tell you if this is a problem. If they say OK, you can get generic Proscar online and break the pills up for very, very cheap.

Comment

• ryan555
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mkamph
                  i'd see a dermatologist. your best bet would be to see an iahrs doc if you can. also, there's a doc in new york, dr hitzig, who is doing scalp injections with aterial blood and acell that may be able to stop and reverse mpb.
                  Hey mkamph,

Where did you hear about Dr. Hitzig injecting arterial blood with Acell as a standalone procedure? I was under the impression he was just doing this in conjunction with hair transplantation. If this is something he is doing to reverse miniaturization, I think I might hop over to NY and give it a shot.

Comment

• mkamph
                    • Dec 2008

i thought i heard it on one of the broadcasts.....i could be wrong, though.

Comment

• ryan555
                      • Oct 2010

I spoke to Dr. Hitzig personally and it turns out he is doing injections as a standalone hair loss treatment. It's basically PRP with Acell and he said that, while it is too early to say definitively, the result with Acell is "10 times" that of PRP alone. The downside is that it is quite expensive - about $3,000 compared to about $1,000 for PRP. I am cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• mkamph
                        • Dec 2008

ryan555,

wow, that is expensive. did he mention if he expects the results to be permanent?

Comment

• ryan555
                          • Oct 2010

He said that after 8 months of doing the injections, they did not have to re-inject anyone. I don't think anything, even the potentially ground-breaking treatments like Histogen are meant to be permanent. The only permanent solution will likely be some kind of gene therapy that reverse the MPB gene.

Comment

• mkamph
                            • Dec 2008

it will be interesting to see how long the injections last. if you do end up getting the treatment, keep us posted on the results....... and thanks for looking into it.

Comment

Working...