+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay73 View Post
    Spencer,

I don't mean to answer this question for you, but if I may ... (I just feel passionate about this question because I think the issue of Propecia side effects has been so oversensationalized).

Goingbald, I've been on Propecia for just shy of one year, and I have realized no side effects. None. I have also been listening to Spencer's radio show for some time now, and I have heard him state that he has been taking finasteride (aka, Propecia) for 15 or so years, without any side effects. And I know his co-host, Dave, has been taking Propecia for 7+ years, without any side effects.

From my own research, consulting with doctors, and the like, I understand any side effects from Propecia occur in only a very small percentage of men ... SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than the percentage of men that it actually helps (90%+). I can't imagine that any doctor, especially IAHRS doctors, would prescribe Propecia to you if they knew it would cause harmful or detrimental side effects. And, if you are one of the rare cases that experiences side effects, such as a decreased sex drive or whatever, then by stopping the drug, all of the side effects, as I understand it, would be totally reversed.

In my opinion, the Propecia side effects issue has been very over-sensationalized, when in fact the drug is the first true miracle to those of us dealing with hair loss.

TeeJay
    Thank you all for your responses...
    At least i now know where to start, rather than jumping in and trying different products that do more harm than good.

I will be seeing my doctor very soon !!!

Thanks Guys...