+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 1st post

Default My 1st post

I just joined this forum hopping that I could get some answers from those of us who've gone down this path before. In search for an HT clinic in Los Angeles area with excellent reputation not so much from marketing or advertising facets but real life patients with real experiences. Secondly, what would be the preferred method (Follicular vs conventional) and what is the latest and the greatest HT technology available in the world market today?

I certainly appreciate any feedback or pointers at this early stage of my quest to find the right place for the right price.

Here is a list of the IAHRS-recommended physicians in California: http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/california/. This is a good place to start for finding reputable physicians near you, and from there you can perform searches to see what actual patients have to say about their experiences. However, I would also encourage you not to limit yourself to one locale. YOUR ideal physician is worth traveling for- particularly considering that HT rates will likely be higher in California and costs may actually be comparable flying and staying somewhere else for a procedure.

If you select a top HT surgeon, your results will likely be fantastic regardless of which method you opt for- the difference will be in the appearance of your donor region following the procedure. Personally, I always encourage prospective patients to opt for FUE to avoid being left with a strip scar, which can really limit your ability to wear your hair short or shaved in the future.

Also:

Some of the new 'technologies' you may want to look into include PRP and ACell treatment. Platelet Rich Plasma therapy promotes and enhances tissue repair and healing following a transplant and may even promote hair growth. ACell's Matristem can regenerate skin tissue and promote faster and improved healing following a hair transplant procedure. There is a lot of buzz around what else it may do- we've seen some evidence that it may inhibit the formation of hypopigmentation (with FUE) and possibly even regenerate hair in the donor region. At our clinic, we've received overwhelmingly positive feedback, particularly in terms of rapid healing, from patients who have opted for one or both of these treatments.

Default Cit-girl

Thank you for your your posts.