+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello - First Post and my profile

Just wanted to say hello. I have been lurking for a while and this site also gave me enough information a while back to cancel a HT appointment that I had rushed into.

I am 45 and have full coverage but thin on top. My hairline has moved back a little, but nothing drastic. I noticed in my mid 20's that my hair was getting thinner very slowly. I am somewhat lucky as I have been able to retain hair that I guess fits my age. It bothered me early as I did not know how rapid I was going to lose it, but it really has not bothered me much in the past ten years. My thought was that when I could afford it, I would explore a HT.

I can afford it now, but I REALLY would be bummed if it looked like a HT. As I said, I have coverage, so if it came out looking worse and people noticed, I think that would be worse than what I have and I would be self conscious. I have looked at a zillion before and after photos here and other sites and I wish there were more results that did not look like a hair transplant.

When I made the appointment with Dr. Leonard in RI I did not want him to touch my hairline, I wanted him to work behind it. I basically wanted him to thicken up the top of my head. For the life of me, I can't find an example of this online. It seem HT is for bald areas only. I don't really have any bald areas.

Can this be done? Am I making sense? I am so happy I did not rush into this with Dr. Leonard. I am prepared to get on a plane and spend as much as necessary if there is a procedure for me. I wish I knew who Tom Brady's Dr. is!!!

Regards,
    Joe

Also, forgot to mention, started taking Propecia about 5 years ago and started Rogaine 3 years ago. Wish I had done both sooner.