+ Reply to Thread

Default Is FUE in and FUT out, and getting a hair transplant in Turkey

Hey all,

I started losing my hair when I was around 17. I waited until I was 29 to have my first HT. My first procedure was done by Dr. Jerry Wong in 2016 and achieved approximately 4700 grafts. I take quarter tablets of Proscar (finasteride) daily. The only photos I have attached are current as of spring 2021. I'm working to have my pre-transplant photos uploaded so as to have something to compare the current photos to.

I'm presently looking to have a second procedure done. When I had my first procedure done in 2016, I had the impression that FUE was still relatively new to the industry or at least newer than FUT. Most of what I read/learned was that there were pros and cons to each type of procedure. For FUT the basic pros (and cons for FUE) were:

1. It was cheaper than FUE
    2. You could achieve larger graft yields (3-5000 grafts as opposed to only around 2000 with FUE)
    3. Graft survival rate was higher than FUE
    4. You could get a greater number of total grafts when considering multiple procedures because each strip used a smaller donor area than a typical FUE donor area

The basic cons of FUT (and pros for FUE) were:

1. It was more invasive, and required a longer recovery time
    2. It left a scar where there strip was removed (although as I understand it FUE leaves scars as well but on the whole they're less noticeable allowing you to wear your hair shorter without the scars showing)
    3. An individual may not have characteristics (ex. scalp laxity) to make FUT successful

It seemed to me in 2016 that if you wanted to achieve a maximum number of grafts, FUT was still the way to go. However, in the present day (2021) it seems like a lot of clinics are advertising/promoting FUE over FUT. It also seems to me that a lot of clinics are not even offering FUT anymore and are focusing exclusively on FUE and its derivatives. Is this accurate? Has FUE made any more improvements with regards to some of the cons I mentioned above? Is FUT on the way out? Or have I just poorly researched and am therefore misinformed?

Secondly, in 2016 while choosing which clinic I wanted to go with, I had heard that procedures in places such as Turkey were vastly cheaper, but that it could be challenging to find results that were on par with places like the US. I wanted peace of mind with my first procedure and so I didn't research clinics in Turkey or even how much cheaper it was at all.

Fast forward to today and curiosity has gotten the best of me and so I've taken the plunge and started to look at clinics in Turkey. My first surprise was 'how much' cheaper procedures are in Turkey. And to be honest a lot of the results, in my opinion, seem pretty good. There seems to be a lot of positive, good reviews from happy customers. So what gives? Is Turkey worth a shot? How would one go about finding a reputable clinic there?

Hello! if you can find a good place for yourself, it will worth for sure I am a hair transplant consultant and will be very happy to support you.

I found this post to be interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing this information, I was looking for it and enjoyed reading it. Please also seek advice from my site. Roofers Rockhampton