+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Needed.

Lightbulb Help Needed.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but if I have narrowed my choice down to two local hair transplant surgeons, who are both IAHRS certified, what do I look for to make my final decision. The cost is similar, and their approach seems to be similar except one does much of graft insertion himself which I do like the idea of. I don't want to make a mistake. Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks.

I had a surgery with Doctor McAndrews in Los Angeles, and it's been AWESOME. He did all of the graft insertion.

Which IAHRS surgeons are you choosing between?

My thinking is thta either IAHRS surgeon is going to give you awesome results. But I'd simply say go with what you feel more comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSalty View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but if I have narrowed my choice down to two local hair transplant surgeons, who are both IAHRS certified, what do I look for to make my final decision. The cost is similar, and their approach seems to be similar except one does much of graft insertion himself which I do like the idea of. I don't want to make a mistake. Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Hey MrSalty,

I like your username. It reminds of being a kid and going to my grandmother's..she would always serve me Mr. Salty pretzels and hot chocolate.Those were the days

I'd first like to point out that IAHRS does not "certify" physicians. The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons is the first an only recognized consumer organization that selectively screens skilled and ethical hair transplant surgeons. Unlike other hair transplant originations, the IAHRS does not offer an open membership policy to doctors practicing hair transplantation. This is what makes the IAHRS such an important first step when considering hair transplant surgery. Never underestimate the importance of choosing the right hair transplant surgeon.

With that said, choosing between two IAHRS recommend surgeons in your local area can be difficult. Since you are local, my advice would be to visit each facility again and ask if you can view a procedure while you’re there. Ask to speak with, and meet with a few local patients as well. This should give you a good feel for who might be the best fit for you. In my opinion, the great thing about going local is that it's easer to do your due diligence, so take advantage of it.

Let us know what you decide to do.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    Hey MrSalty,

I like your username. It reminds of being a kid and going to my grandmother's..she would always serve me Mr. Salty pretzels and hot chocolate.Those were the days

I'd first like to point out that IAHRS does not "certify" physicians. The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons is the first an only recognized consumer organization that selectively screens skilled and ethical hair transplant surgeons. Unlike other hair transplant originations, the IAHRS does not offer an open membership policy to doctors practicing hair transplantation. This is what makes the IAHRS such an important first step when considering hair transplant surgery. Never underestimate the importance of choosing the right hair transplant surgeon.

With that said, choosing between two IAHRS recommend surgeons in your local area can be difficult. Since you are local, my advice would be to visit each facility again and ask if you can view a procedure while you’re there. Ask to speak with, and meet with a few local patients as well. This should give you a good feel for who might be the best fit for you. In my opinion, the great thing about going local is that it's easer to do your due diligence, so take advantage of it.

Let us know what you decide to do.
    Dear Mr. Kobren,

I am pleasantly shocked to see that you answered my question personally. I feel honored to communicate with you on this personal level. This reinforces to me how much you care.
    I will take your advice an try to meet with some clients. I will also keep in touch to let you know what my decision is.

Thank you for your time Mr. Kobren, I appreciate it very much.