+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Avodart 13 months...Question Spencer??

I have been on Proscar for 15years or so....I lost some ground a number of years ago so I added avodart genuine 13months ago 3 times a week.
    Since I only take it 3 times a week and only loaded everyday for two is it taking longer to be effective as if I took it each day.

I stayed on proscar on off days, didn't want to come off proscar just in case I stop avo. Everything seemed fine until last month. I lost some hair on top....not really a TE shed all over the head. I have read a few stories about this happening and regrowth anywhere from 12-19months. My DHT is VERY VERY low so I know it is working...lower than when I was on proscar alone.....Im getting nervous but don't want to quit the avo yet. What do you think....have you heard/seen this happen to others who regrew?

Thanks
    PS I'm 42 and no side effects to speak of really.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnolosingit View Post
    I have been on Proscar for 15years or so....I lost some ground a number of years ago so I added avodart genuine 13months ago 3 times a week.
    Since I only take it 3 times a week and only loaded everyday for two is it taking longer to be effective as if I took it each day.

I stayed on proscar on off days, didn't want to come off proscar just in case I stop avo. Everything seemed fine until last month. I lost some hair on top....not really a TE shed all over the head. I have read a few stories about this happening and regrowth anywhere from 12-19months. My DHT is VERY VERY low so I know it is working...lower than when I was on proscar alone.....Im getting nervous but don't want to quit the avo yet. What do you think....have you heard/seen this happen to others who regrew?

Thanks

Wow..........consider yourself super lucky man. You got to keep your hair into your forties. The rest of us are struggling to get past our twenties.

What is your dht level before and after? Also what was your testostrone level?

Also how many hairs are you counting per day on average? You need to shampoo your hair everyday and count the number of hairs that fall out as you wash them out of your hair.

would testing DHT level really help whether your drug is effective or not? would it be possible tat you hav a low DHT in ur blood but high dht accumulation in ur scalp? or follicles are becoming more sensitive to DHT??

i cant really do a miniturisation scan or hair counts measurement? any other way to check out whether my drug is still effective or not??

Quote Originally Posted by imbaldinglikeamofo View Post
    Wow..........consider yourself super lucky man. You got to keep your hair into your forties. The rest of us are struggling to get past our twenties.

What is your dht level before and after? Also what was your testostrone level?

Also how many hairs are you counting per day on average? You need to shampoo your hair everyday and count the number of hairs that fall out as you wash them out of your hair.

I do consider myself lucky all things considered. My DHT level with Propecia was like 8.....now less than 2.

My testosterone didn't increase at all when I added avodart, it is normal to the lower side. Also my estrogen and prolactin where all normal.

I havent been shedding a lot....I must have an not noticed it because in the shower I might find one or maybe two hairs on my hands. My hair just suddenly looked thinner and harder to style.

Quote Originally Posted by aiyosh View Post
    would testing DHT level really help whether your drug is effective or not? would it be possible tat you hav a low DHT in ur blood but high dht accumulation in ur scalp? or follicles are becoming more sensitive to DHT??

i cant really do a miniturisation scan or hair counts measurement? any other way to check out whether my drug is still effective or not??
    Good question....I would think testing DHT helps in a sense that it is doing what it is supposed to do. I can't imagine if you have very little serum DHT than your scalp DHT could be high.....although over time maybe the become more sensitive to dht, that is why these drugs aren't cures. Although I would think the less DHT the better.

Thanks

abusing both drugs at the same time and no side effects.. what a joke.. why cant I have that luck.. fin worked so well for me too.. bah.. im just an unlucky bastard.

I do consider myself lucky all things considered. My DHT level with Propecia was like 8.....now less than 2.

My testosterone didn't increase at all when I added avodart, it is normal to the lower side. Also my estrogen and prolactin where all normal.

I havent been shedding a lot....I must have an not noticed it because in the shower I might find one or maybe two hairs on my hands. My hair just suddenly looked thinner and harder to style.

wow, your body is super sensitive to propecia and finisteride. I'm on BOTH so far and my DHT levels run between 14 and 22..........twice yours.

What I think happened is that your gradually lost your hair on propecia without noticing because it was so incredibly slow. Then when you finally woke up and noticed....it was too late.

If your losing 2 haris a day, trust me, this stuff is working 100%.

I'm losing about 25 hairs a day....I'm balding for sure. I keep good tabs on my hair count. If I was you, i'd keep it safe and just take these two drugs. People like me, we need to make brave decisions and try drugs that arent safe. But your forty, you lived your life and partied. If i was you, Id consider that you won that battle but lost the war on hairloss.

Good question....I would think testing DHT helps in a sense that it is doing what it is supposed to do. I can't imagine if you have very little serum DHT than your scalp DHT could be high.....although over time maybe the become more sensitive to dht, that is why these drugs aren't cures. Although I would think the less DHT the better.
    I don't feel like I'm abusing any drugs. I take both until I see if Avodart worked better...then i would scale off proscar...if Avodart didn't work I would scale off Avodart. I take Avodart three times a week and my proscar the other days. I know it is overkill but I didn't want to risk it. The only side effects I did get was a reduction In the amount of semen....never really though this was a big deal.

Well I'm also much older then you so I'm sure my dht lever was like 10-18 or so when I started propecia. That being said, I think I have had success because I started so early. Trust me when I tell you...I know it sucks to be losing your hair so young...I feel for u young guys. But just because a guy is in their forties doesnt mean t doesn't bother them jus as much as when they where younger, it bothers me just as much.
    I'm sure I shed more than 2 hairs a day. I tried never to count hairs. My test was always to run my hands through my wet hair in the shower a few times then look and count. Sometimes it has been a lot more hairs than two or three. It has been my way to track what is happening.

I don't feel I'm just noticing now that proscar stopped working. I have been on the Avodart for 13 months... Things seem to be going very well...then a minor shed because I can see it got thinner. I have read a few reports of guys gong through sheds 12-18 months in and followed by strong regrowth..I was hoping to get some input about this... And no I haven't lost the battle yet. How long have u been on treatment?

Well I'm also much older then you so I'm sure my dht lever was like 10-18 or so when I started propecia. That being said, I think I have had success because I started so early. Trust me when I tell you...I know it sucks to be losing your hair so young...I feel for u young guys. But just because a guy is in their forties doesnt mean t doesn't bother them jus as much as when they where younger, it bothers me just as much.
    I'm sure I shed more than 2 hairs a day. I tried never to count hairs. My test was always to run my hands through my wet hair in the shower a few times then look and count. Sometimes it has been a lot more hairs than two or three. It has been my way to track what is happening.

I don't feel I'm just noticing now that proscar stopped working. I have been on the Avodart for 13 months... Things seem to be going very well...then a minor shed because I can see it got thinner. I have read a few reports of guys gong through sheds 12-18 months in and followed by strong regrowth..I was hoping to get some input about this... And no I haven't lost the battle yet. How long have u been on treatment?

I'm taking both avodart and proscar together. Im 1 year 4 months on proscar and 5 months on dutasteride. I've never had a shed, I guess my hair is different than everyone elses. But none of these two drugs work though. I've just started minoxidil and I'm about to swap that for fluridil. I'll let u know how it goes