Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by susee View Post
    hi I am 24 years old.......will it be too early age for the surgical treatment. Even i am feeling loads of guilty with this balded head. Always having a long hair to hide my scalp . I am planning for the surgerical treatment only. But, i dont how reliable it is. how long does the hair stay over our head??.....will it aid in the formation of new root???......
    Sup mate. Now I don't really know why you are posting in this thread, and since I'm all new to this stuff dont take my advise/word too seriously.

You can't really be too young to do it. What the doctor meant by being too young is that younger persons generally can't consider all the risks with hairtransplants properly. At the clinic I went to he had sort of a scale with like 4 different scenarios or points.

The first one was something like:

1. Your hairloss irritates you and you'd like to know how to cure it, but if no such cure existed you'd easily accept your condition and move on with your life. You do not pass on social activities or get togethers because of your baldness more than rarely.

2. The second point you were a lot concerned with the balding process and mirrors/reflections can cause you to feel really uncomfortable and insecure about yourself. You pass on social activities regularely because of this, hair used to be a big part of your life and perhaps you spend hours trying to fix your hairstyle so that looks like you aren't balding.

3 The third point you had basically let the hairloss run your entire life. You don't go outside at all and so forth.

4 The fourth point was even more extreme, can't remember what was said here.

Like I was a 1-2 so that is probably why he did not recommend surgery to me. And on the website he said that studies has shown that the human brain is not fully capable of weighting and considering all the risks in a realistic way. For example if you make a transplant, you're still going to loose your hair as it is in no way a cure for your condition and thus making a hairtransplant one time is probably agreeing to having to do several more in the future and perhaps you can't afford it then etc etc.

Like if you are a #4 at the list you'd probably be better off going to a psychologist or something imo but if you really let it run your life then sure a hairtransplant might be the way. Just dont expect it to be a cure or nothing, and expect having to do more of them because as you loose hair the original one will look weird.