+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6 month results

Thanks MrE and 57mph!!!
    I'm very happy with my results. My experience was a good one. Although I have to say I feel lucky to have had these great results. It seems a lot of people do not. I really think doing research and gathering up all the information I could find assisted me with my decision and positive results.
    My Story:
    I'm 42 and started losing my hair almost 10 years ago. Not fast....just typical receding and thinning over the years. But it really bothered me. Especially these last few years. I started spending more and more time on it in the morning using hairspray and a blow dryer just trying to cover up what was happening. It got to a point where I wouldn’t leave the house until it was just right. Then it started to effect my personality. I lost confidence in my appearance and fell into depression. So I started searching the internet for hair restoration options and stumbled on to Hasson & Wong's website. I was blown away by the blogs with HT results. I knew I had to look into this further. I then found the BT forums and my life changed...I had hope! I also had support for what I was feeling. I was not alone!! I did the research and looked at just about every post related to HT’s. By the time I made my appointment...I felt like an expert on the subject. However, I needed to find the right doctor. Again, I searched and read reviews on a lot them. I made my choice based on several things (down time , travel, doctors results/reviews, cost, etc.) I picked Dr. Robert Haber and made the appointment. He put me on FIN immediately. (3 months pre-op) I should have been on it years sooner. I let my hair grow longer in back for the surgery so it could help hide the donor site once complete. I took 2 weeks off work and scheduled my surgery for a Friday so I would have 16 days to heal as much as possible before returning. (I work in an office environment and can’t wear a hat.) I also asked the Dr. not to shave the donor area or the recipient area. I did this to help hide the HT once complete. On the 15th day post-op my hair stylist shaped my hair to help hide the HT. Not much she could do to the recipient area but she was able to hide the donor scar real good. With some Dermatch and my new haircut, I returned to work without so much as a question as to what I did. Either people really didn’t notice or they were just being nice not to say anything. My wife said she couldn’t tell. I did everything I was asked to do by the doctor pre and post surgery. There were no surprises before or after the surgery. Here I am 8 months later and I am completely stoked on my results. I think by 1 year post-op, I won’t need Dermatch anymore. My only regret was that I had this done at the end of April which made for a rough summer. I will post more pics soon with a view of the top and sides. Thanks again Bald Truth, Dr. Haber and all the people that post on this forum. Couldn’t have done it without all the support and information this site provided.