Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude
    • Feb 2010

6 month results

Here are some pics of my progress. I'm at 6 months post op and super stoked on the results so far. Completely healed up, all feeling is back, no surprises! (well, not after reading many posts on what to expect) Thank you BT and Thank you Dr Haber!!! Can't wait to see what 1 year will do.
  • KeepTheHair
    • Mar 2010

Wow, looks great!

I never really liked the chawky look that dermmatch causes.

Can you post a lot more pics please? from different angles. Like above and so on, without dermmatch. I would really like to see the density and so on.

Can you post an above picture?

Lastly, how many grafts did u receive and was it FUT or FUE?

Comment

• mattj
      Doctor Representative
      • Oct 2009

Looks great. A world of difference. How many grafts?
      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Dude
        • Feb 2010

Thanks KTH and MattJ.
        I had approx. 2400 grafts via FUT. I'm very happy with everything so far. I also started FIN back in March and that seems to be working as well.

@ KTH - I'm not too crazy about the dermatch look either but I hope to be done with it soon. Gives off this red-ish hue in direct sunlight and looks like you said...chalky. I will post some pics from different angles in the next few days. (without dermatch)

This forum changed my life! Thanks again BT!

Comment

• valmont
          • Sep 2010

Great look! seriously!

I never really liked the chawky look that dermmatch causes.
          I use dermmatch too, btw it is not easily detectable. it's just cuz you're contrasting two pictures.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
            • Mar 2010

The results pre op to 6 months is just amazing...and 6 months is still early from what I have seen/read.

Definitely some good stuff man. You are probably very happy.

I'd love to have this done... But I live extremely far from a surgeon and am somewhat scared of FUT and FUE is too expensive for me.

But very happy for you.

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

Sweet like chocolate
              Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• CIT_Girl
                • Mar 2010

Congratulations on the fabulous results- especially for only 6 months out!

Comment

• MrE
                  • Jan 2011

Wow

Dude! Chalky nothing! This is absolutely amazing! I'm actually a 27 year old experiencing almost the same pattern baldness (for lack of much of the technical jargon), and am really trying to do research on the option for hair transplant surgery, where to go, and weighing the pros/cons.

I'm curious to know what the procedure was like and your overall experiences over the period during FUT/FUE/Fin.

You must be extremely happy with the results; I'm hoping if I ever do decide on the procedure that it will be just as successful as yours! You give me great hope, Dude

Comment

• 67mph
                    • Mar 2010

dermatch or not, have you seen the pics, untrained eye this guy has a great head of hair, this is the result we're after right, i doubt he'd be afriad of checking out his holiday snaps with a result like that.

good for you Dude!

Comment

• Dude
                      • Feb 2010

Thanks MrE and 57mph!!!
                      I'm very happy with my results. My experience was a good one. Although I have to say I feel lucky to have had these great results. It seems a lot of people do not. I really think doing research and gathering up all the information I could find assisted me with my decision and positive results.
                      My Story:
                      I'm 42 and started losing my hair almost 10 years ago. Not fast....just typical receding and thinning over the years. But it really bothered me. Especially these last few years. I started spending more and more time on it in the morning using hairspray and a blow dryer just trying to cover up what was happening. It got to a point where I wouldn’t leave the house until it was just right. Then it started to effect my personality. I lost confidence in my appearance and fell into depression. So I started searching the internet for hair restoration options and stumbled on to Hasson & Wong's website. I was blown away by the blogs with HT results. I knew I had to look into this further. I then found the BT forums and my life changed...I had hope! I also had support for what I was feeling. I was not alone!! I did the research and looked at just about every post related to HT’s. By the time I made my appointment...I felt like an expert on the subject. However, I needed to find the right doctor. Again, I searched and read reviews on a lot them. I made my choice based on several things (down time , travel, doctors results/reviews, cost, etc.) I picked Dr. Robert Haber and made the appointment. He put me on FIN immediately. (3 months pre-op) I should have been on it years sooner. I let my hair grow longer in back for the surgery so it could help hide the donor site once complete. I took 2 weeks off work and scheduled my surgery for a Friday so I would have 16 days to heal as much as possible before returning. (I work in an office environment and can’t wear a hat.) I also asked the Dr. not to shave the donor area or the recipient area. I did this to help hide the HT once complete. On the 15th day post-op my hair stylist shaped my hair to help hide the HT. Not much she could do to the recipient area but she was able to hide the donor scar real good. With some Dermatch and my new haircut, I returned to work without so much as a question as to what I did. Either people really didn’t notice or they were just being nice not to say anything. My wife said she couldn’t tell. I did everything I was asked to do by the doctor pre and post surgery. There were no surprises before or after the surgery. Here I am 8 months later and I am completely stoked on my results. I think by 1 year post-op, I won’t need Dermatch anymore. My only regret was that I had this done at the end of April which made for a rough summer. I will post more pics soon with a view of the top and sides. Thanks again Bald Truth, Dr. Haber and all the people that post on this forum. Couldn’t have done it without all the support and information this site provided.

Comment

Working...