+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help!!!

Default Need Help!!!

Hello,

I'm 28 and have been losing my hair since about the age of 22, I'd say i'm at a 3 or so. I have pretty thick hair (White guy if that counts) What are my best options? I usally fade my hair and have it cut short on top. I like the FUE from what i saw. Around how much am i looking at to get a procedure done? In live in Northern Cal.

A good first step would be to try medical therapy, such as Propecia. This can help you maintain your existing hair and may limit the amount of hair transplant surgery you will require in the future (if you decide to go that route).

If you are quite sure you want to proceed with hair transplant surgery, I'd suggest that you set up some consultations with a few physicians of your choice. These are almost always complimentary and many doctors even offer virtual consultations, where you can simply submit photos and information online for their review. This will be the best way to get a professional opinion as to whether you are a good candidate for hair restoration surgery, approximately how many grafts you will require and what sort of pricing you will be looking at (most physicians charge on a per-graft basis, and these rates can vary quite considerably). You will also want to talk to any potential surgeon about a long-term plan, since hair loss is a lifelong process.