+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Footymad - Its sounds like you have definetely got major inflammation, whether thats from mites, fungal infection or just the process of balding.....who knows?
    The good thing is that nizoral shampoo works against all these - its sold in tesco in the uk. Bear in mind that its main purpose is against dandruff......so the 'leave on for five mins' instructions will probably not apply for your inflammation. I would leave it on for longer than that, at least until the inflammation subsides.
    I have also seen your post at the other site.......its likely apple cider vinegar works too as will quite a few other things. I would stick to nizoral initially....whilst you source the other products that may also work.

I know what it's like to have suicidal thoughts over hair loss. When you're emotionally and psychologically at rock bottom, it's hard to see any glimmer of hope. But I can tell you, it gets better.
    If your problem is MPB, which is the case for more than 9/10 men who experience hair loss, you have options. I know the feeling of hating your own reflection due to thinning hair, but once I got on MPB medication, I started telling myself "this is the worst my hair will ever look. Even if I don't regrow any, it won't get worse than this. There is nowhere to go but up from here."
    Stay on Propecia, and take the advice others are giving about Nizoral shampoo.

Oh. One other thing you might try is having your blood tested to check for thyroid issues, etc. that can cause hair loss. But remember, it's most likely MPB, and unless you learn otherwise for certain you should treat it as such.

The good thing is that nizoral shampoo works against all these - its sold in tesco in the uk. Bear in mind that its main purpose is against dandruff......so the 'leave on for five mins' instructions will probably not apply for your inflammation.
    The shampoo I use, Revita, has the same key ingredients along with things like taurine etc. They say leave in for five minutes too, so my guess is following the same instructions ought to lead to the desired result.

just been told by a trichologist that nizoral can actually cause hair loss and told me to use coal tar shampoo instead?

your thoughts whilst i'm still here...

Its an ingredient in nizoral shampoo that may cause problems - sodium lauryl sulfate. But its in most shampoos anyway.....shouldnt be a problem unless you use it daily. Coal tar is supposed to be ok, as is head and shoulders with zinc. I would use nizoral intially though, at least for a couple of weeks to kill the itching. Then again, a trichologist should know more than me.

I am positive that there will be solutions in the near future.

Just hold out man.

There are some good stuff now to help meanwhile though.

For every bit it sucks right now it will be awesome once we find a solution..and awesome for much longer.

Don't give up.

Thoroughly educate yourself meanwhile!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    I am positive that there will be solutions in the near future.

LIKE WHAT EXACTLY

Just hold out man.

There are some good stuff now to help meanwhile though.

LIKE WHAT EXACTLY

For every bit it sucks right now it will be awesome once we find a solution..and awesome for much longer.

Don't give up.
    I have spent the last 6 months trying to educate myself. Currently taking Propecia for 5 weeks. No signs of improvement yet although I know its early days. My scalp crawling sensation is almost as annoying and frustrating as my hair loss/plug full of hair/pillow full of hair. If I could find something to guarantee to stop the crawling insect feeling in my scalp. The only thing that stops the feeling momentarily is if I ruffle through my hair, then 30 seconds later it returns.

As for hope and holding out. My Grandfather is 77 and you could say he has been waiting his whole life for a cure or miracle pill. I am pleased you have hope KeepTheHair but as for myself I am not so hopeful. There will NEVER be a cure. If its one thing I have educated myself about since researching this disease (Hair Loss) is that nobody takes you serious about going bald and nobody seems to offer any solution. The whole balding theme just seems to lack any development scientifically and has done for years. GP's seem to know next to nothing about it. My GP when I went to see him said to me " Well what do you want me to do for it?" I mentioned Propecia and he then told me he was of the understanding it was no longer been prescribed !!! Then he found it was. This is my point, nobody has any answers. I am convinced my hair loss is not simply due to MPB because of the rapod loss and horroble insect feeling every day I awake which lasts all day. This to me does not seem normal at all, but who do I turn to for a definate diagnosis? The answer is NOBODY. I went to see a Dermatologist who told me I had a minor amount of Ecszma and to accept people at my work place would call me names such as baldie because of my loss. Not what I really wanted to hear to be fair. I still have I would say 50% coverage at the moment and able to disguise the loss but it will only be a matter of a few months at this rate before it all goes as nothing can be or will be done by anybody.

Keep hoping KeepTheHair - Thank you

Lastly there is no way will I wait the remainder of my whole life say if I was to live another 40 years hoping each day a cure will be found. Its a joke. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. This is not just negativty but reality.

Footymad - Its understandable that you are feeling down and very negative. But there are treatments that DO work. Finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral have all been shown to be beneficial for hair loss. Thats a fact.
    I think your case is somewhat different. MPB tends to happen gradually over many years......yet you say you have lost much of your hair recently, coupled with massive inflammation. That doesnt sound like 'normal' MPB to me.
    Use nizoral every day for the next week....... and see if the 'crawling' reduces.