+ Reply to Thread

Default Considering Dr. Rahal

I'm 44 - my mpb was very slow and I started with a dense thicket of hair so it wasn't really even noticeable at all, with help from the right styling product, for a long time.. A terminal illness in the family this last year led to tremendous stress that accelerated the hair loss voraciously. Crown is still pretty full still but hairline to midscalp and temple points have been decimated like a a wheat field at harvest. Concealer worked until recently and I've hidden under a hat (normal for my job) for the last few months so truthfully no one really knows my hair has even thinned.

I'm looking to recover my hairline. I'm not looking to appear 16 but I'd like to recapture my hair from my mid 30s when I didnt appear to have any loss. Full with reconstructed temples, dense at the hairline with strong temple points.

I'm ready to take the plunge and I'm considering Dr. Rahal for a transplant. He seems to hit what I'm looking for. Spoke with Adrian and as everyone has confirmed, he's incredibly patient, kind and informative.

I am in NYC so I was also considering Dr. Feller but I'm not sure he'll be aggressive enough for what I'm looking for.

Both Drs have said I have a dense donor region and am a great candidate because of my age. Dr. Rahal recommended 3000 grafts (though I think maybe higher when he sees me in person) . Strip over FUE (for the greatest yield) and since Ive never cut my hair down to a even a two i guess I'm not against it. Love to hear opinions on that.

I dont want to beat a dead horse because ive seen this asked before but it was a year or so ago - I'd love to hear the latest general consensus on Dr Rahal, and even Dr Feller for my goals...

thanks!
    Last edited by thickhead; 11-03-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: i didnt capitalize

Hi,

I will offer my opinion and please take it for what it is. I work as a consultant for Dr Feller and have had hairline work performed by him. I am more than happy with the results and they are super dense and they've been inspected by 100's. No one can tell its a repaired HT.

Saying that Dr Rahal is a fantastic surgeon too (one of the VERY best) and i would trust my head with him personally and think if you feel he best suits your personal goal and requirements i'm confident he'll deliver for you. I think you have arrived at a good problem. Take your time and get your game plan set out. I think if you really want to go aggressive within reason Dr Rahal has proven consistently he is a great hairline Doc

Scars vary from patient to patient and bare in mind the larger you go the more likely the scars size will too.

All the very best
    spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

thanks Spex.. Ive been doing my research for about a year.. Ive read many of your posts (i even printed your HT info pack) and you are one of the most compassionate and reliable sources out there. Your results are really fantastic and you are a beacon for all of us on this side of the shore.

I have seen some astonishing results from Dr. Feller and Ive read his posts as well as seen his youtube videos and I've learned so much about all of this from him. He is one of the reasons Im confident in the procedure in the first place. I had a consult scheduled with the good doctor this week but had to cancel due to a job booking (somebody's got to pay for those grafts ) I will reschedule.

I am shooting for sometime in December. Until I pull the trigger, I will keep learning as much as I can. FUE vs Strip, scars, etc. Always open to new information and to questions I should be asking..

thanks again for the support..

thanks Spex.. Ive been doing my research for about a year.. Ive read many of your posts (i even printed your HT info pack) and you are one of the most compassionate and reliable sources out there. Your results are really fantastic and you are a beacon for all of us on this side of the shore.
    Glad my info has helped you. Thats what its there for

I would recommend meeting both Docs in person and even a couople of others too in order to make a well informed decision.

As mentioned though if you like Dr Rahal, roll with him, i see no reason at all why he would not be on anyones top choice list. He is a really nice guy too
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hi thickhead. I thought I'd keep out of the thread as it's not like my opinion is going to be seen as impartial (although I am as enthusiastic as spex in recommending both doctors), but I wanted to say that December is very soon. When you say you're "shooting for December" do you mean that December will be decision time?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Matt..

Actually, I've read many of your posts and you are one of the more sane, caring voice out there, so I'm grateful you chimed in.

Yes I was aiming for December ideally, of course Dr's schedule permitting. I work in an unpredictable field and I need to find out what my schedule is (I'd rather talk to you/Adrian off forum about that). Adrian said he would be getting back to me in a day or so anyway about meeting a patient, I could discuss it with him then if that's cool..