Threaded View

Default 18, Rapid Balding, Acne, Developing Socia Phobia, Really Need Advice.

Hey guys
    Well my story is a pretty sad one in 2010 really (for me it seems like it anyway). At the age of 16 I was in school, having fun, had a good set of hair and was pretty attractive. I was often compared to Jesse McCartney, not the greatest compliment, but things weren’t too bad!

Anyway this year I turned 18, was in my second year of university and things were okay. However in February I started to develop extremely bad acne, to this day it is still bad and I have scarring. I became completely obsessed with my acne, people never looked at me the same way, and people I hadn’t seen in ages looked at me in strange ways, often suggesting that I should wash your face ect. I started to not go outside / hang out with people and pretty much had social phoeba. I tried everything from lazer ect, so far it hasn’t done anything. I don’t let people know what I’m going through; I don’t really have close friends to talk or trust with the things that I am dealing with and my family is an emotional mess. Added to this I’m gay (I’m not out yet, and yes I know people will judge me for it). But I can’t help it, I don’t want to be gay, and it depresses me 12 x more, knowing I’ll probably be lonely the rest of my days. People will always judge my looks; pretty much every gay is superficial of appearance, a lot more than girls anyway. Probably half of you will leave after reading that, but that is one of major problems.

To balding, my family pretty much has all gone bald, however for them it happened at around 23 -25. I knew my hair was thinning, however I thought it was minor and I could focus on treating my acne and worry about my hair when it became an issue. However in the past two months by head has thinned out considerably. It is completely noticeable. I have a bald patch at the back and it pretty much looks like my brothers hair who is 27. My hair is horrible, and because of my acne, shaving it all off isn't really at option. Added to this I am surrounded by people who look at me and pity me. I was at a work function for vodafone yesterday and I was the only one losing hair with around 250 attractive people aged 18 - 25, all I could pretty much see is eyes looking at me.

I don’t know what to do, I have acne, I’m balding and I’m literally afraid when people look at me. I can’t function at work properly anymore, I feel depressed being with my friends; who are pretty much perfect, hair, skin everything; I don't have one unattractive friend and it isn't helping. My academic record; which has usually been excellent, is falling because I can’t concentrate when I have all these things going on.

I really need advice, I don’t know how to feel or how to handle this. I thought time might heal things, but it hasn’t. I feel life is after me in every way and I can’t see any light and the end of the tunnel.