+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr Kesser method of extraction.

http://www.derma-plast.com/sacekimi_...rFUEvideo.html

Hi Guys,

This is a video of the method of extracion performed by Dr Kesser in Turkey. This guy has been having amazing results, imo, right up there with my other favorite FUE doctor, Feller. He has a survival rate of up to 98%.. which is hard to believe by the pictures speak for themselves, a friend had literally 90% graft survival.

It is really interesting to analyse this video as it shows a few things that Dr Feller mentions as relevant when extracting grafts, such as compression and contorsion. It would be great to have some input from you guys and Dr Feller himself.

I am not here to promote Dr Kesser by any means, just thought this would be interesting to discuss

all the best

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

The extractions do look very meticulous. I do wonder how many he can do per hour using the manual method. Also it does not show if the doctor is using any magnification. I would imagine he must because it is almost impossible to do it without.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

How does he document and substantiate a 98% yield? Where can we find his findings and where are they published? I want to read them for myself.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Dr Glenn

That is actually a really good question. Dr Keser does a maximum of 700 grafts a day, the usual average is between 550 and 600.
    So when he has a patient that need 2.500 grafts, it takes him 5 days to complete the procedure.
    I personally don't trust doctors (unless proven high yirled results) that offer the same ammount in 1 session. Of course it's possible and may have a good result, but for me it is a matter of comon sense that the longer the graft stays outside the less chances of surviving it has , not to mention how carefull he is when removing them. He is using magnification.

Gillenator, he did a 3 year research on yield using FUE, designed his own punch to extract them and there are several pictures on "belllicapelli", italian forum were he has about 40 cases, there are also videos on youtube by German patients.

I also feel FUE should be kept sub 1000 grafts a day. Once that number gets exceeded yield tends to fall especially in less experienced hands.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Ritchie,

There are FUE docs and other ones that claim these extremely high yields yet they have to be emperically verified by someone other than himself with the findings and results published. My point is anyone can claim whatever they want, verifying it is another thing altogethor.

IMHO, there is not anyone producing those type of yields with FUE. It is possible to get over 90% with strip with the best docs getting 95% on average, but no one is getting 98% with FUE. We all would be in line to get it if it were possible. Possibly some day but not at present.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gillenator

thanks for your input, fortunately, you are mistaken

I have seen cases of 98% of graft survival from Dr Kesser, please visit the Belli Capelli Italian Forum, and there are about 20 cases there, about 4 of them have this sort of growth the rest well above 90% as well all thought not all patients have updated their results.

You should do more research before making those kind of statements, there is no reason for the graft not to survive if the extraction is done properly and you don't exceed more than 600-900 grafts a day.

They are still not emperically verified regardless of what you say. They have not been substantiated by an unaffiliated party (physicians) period.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

"They are still not emperically verified regardless of what you say. They have not been substantiated by an unaffiliated party (physicians) period."

Lol, if that would be the logic for every doctor with amazing results then we should not believe in anbody doing a good work out there.

Emperically means based on experience, so not really the right word to the point you want to make, and I agree with you, there are no independent studies besides it's own to proove this, and obviously pictures and pacient testimonials (empirecally) . So we can't be sure if it's 95-97.4558585 or 98%.

A friend had 1200 grafts placed for a very small balding patch on his temples and I can tell you for sure that 95% if not all of them grew, there was no native hair in that area. I will try to post some pics that he took every month.