+ Reply to Thread

Default Things are getting worse for me!!

I haven't told the rest of my story. Not only i suffer from hair loss, but i also have 80lbs of excess weight. I am 6'4" 290 lbs and on top of that I have cholinergic urticaria. I get skin rashes and hives when I excersise which I really need to loose weight. Could it possibly get worse? I am taking cimetidine combined with atharax and it has worked very well, but I read that cimetidine can have hair loss side effects!!
    I am really down now self esteem wise. I am 28, fat, no girlfriend (the one girl that i like when of with an athletic type millionaire) hives and diffuse thinner!!
    I don't know what to do. I am really sad. Should i let it go and stay fat and bald forever??
    or how can I turn this around be happy??
    Thanks
    Alex

Post confidence

Alex,

I think I can understand what you are saying but the reason you don't have a girl is not because you're fat/bald but more that you believe people think of you as fat and bald, more of a confidence issue.
    It's up to you if you want to do something about it, but you might find yourself in a vicious circle where you are fat and depressed about it and decide to let go, it will make things worse, you'll end up fatter and more depressed.
    You have to lose weight as it will be healthier and will help your confidence along the way. About hair, I think most of the people on this forum will suggest you might talk with your doctor and start propecia, to preserve and maybe reverse your hair loss. Do something about it mate, it might be a good new year's resolution. Good luck!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero1980 View Post
    I haven't told the rest of my story. Not only i suffer from hair loss, but i also have 80lbs of excess weight. I am 6'4" 290 lbs and on top of that I have cholinergic urticaria. I get skin rashes and hives when I excersise which I really need to loose weight. Could it possibly get worse? I am taking cimetidine combined with atharax and it has worked very well, but I read that cimetidine can have hair loss side effects!!
    I am really down now self esteem wise. I am 28, fat, no girlfriend (the one girl that i like when of with an athletic type millionaire) hives and diffuse thinner!!
    I don't know what to do. I am really sad. Should i let it go and stay fat and bald forever??
    or how can I turn this around be happy??
    Thanks
    Alex
    Hey delpiero1980,

There is no doubt that you are dealing with some significant physical issues that can contribute to your depression and feelings of helplessness.

People who have a physical urticaria, have a physical trigger for their hives, such as heat, cold, sunlight, water or exercise. Heat induced or Cholinergic Urticaria can be particularly frustrating because, in some cases, any physical activity that raises your body temperature can cause the reaction.
    Besides being physically uncomfortable when suffering with hives, urticaria obviously causes cosmetic concerns as well.

The good news is that your doctor can suggest treatments that are extremely effective, and from what I gather from your post you’re currently having success with one treatment protocol, which is good.

I would not worry about the citimidine causing your hair loss, there have been studies showing the cimidine can actually help combat hair loss. So if treatment is working for you, I would stick with it unless you know for sure that your hair loss has been exacerbated by this treatment.

As far as meeting women, seraphix gave you some good advice. The truth is while physical attractiveness helps to get you in the door, it is a strong sense of self that always gets the girls. No woman wants to be with a depressed sad sack even if he looks like Brad Pitt.

I know a guy, who has no legs, and is on the verge of being morbidly obese. In the six or seven years that I've known him I have seen him with at least four women, two of whom were pretty hot. These were not working girls, these women were his girlfriends. How did he do it?...Confidence, a strong sense of self worth and brass balls. While this guy is good at what he does, he is by no means rich. Oh and by the way...he’s bald.

Seraphix is right, you should make this year your year to work on improving your situation. While exercise is important, diet is the key to weight loss. Learn to eat well and you will see your body change. Propecia might do the trick for your hair and taking steps to improve your “game" might have the most profound effects on your life.

I’m a huge believer in “mind over matter” when it comes to meeting women! I can gurantte that if you learn how to change your current mind set when it comes to how you relate to women, and work on improving your relationship with yourself, you will have romantic success!

If you haven't already, you should check out the Neil Strauss archive of the show. You might want to pick up a copy of his book The Game as well.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=356

Hang in there man, you can change your world and be happy, but it takes work.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Thanks a lot guys. Especially you Spencer, you have a radio show, been on TV, founded Amer. Hair Loss Ass. and the IAHRS and still have the time to listen and respond to threads. I do feel you do this from deep inside you, not for monetary or marketing purposes. I really thank you for that.
    I do feel this is my year. I just finished my BA in Int. Business and I am really happy. Hopefully I will find a nice job in this economic crisis.
    In Christmas Eve, I combed my hair backwards, and it really didn't look bad at all. The proof was that non of my cousins or uncles joked at all about my hair. That means that they didn't notice more receding. I was happy and I actually looked nice. It gave me some much needed boost to start loosing weight.

On the girls issue. I only like this one girl. I met her Sep. 2007 and it didn't go anywhere. In 2001 when i was 215 lbs I used to get girls easy, now that I am fat it takes triple effort and time. Now at 28 years I only like this girl, but I screw it up, instead of being patience I got desperate and made moves a little to soon, and I scared her. She will be 20 years old in January. I know she is young, but if I sum up all the qualities inside and out, she is the one I've been waiting for (I think)
    The thing is, she is really pretty (not hot, but classy pretty) and she knows it. She still doesn't have a boyfriend till today, but she has dated a couple of guys and both abercrombie type of body and rich (yes freakin rich, $1m+ homes, etc) one of them rumor has it was 32 years old!!!
    Anyway my goal is to loose 80lbs by July '09 and hopefully I am not to late to make her my girlfriend.
    For now I have put on hold my hair transplant plans and look forward for summer '09!! Thanks for your words!!

Quote Originally Posted by gusguts View Post
    The thing is, she is really pretty (not hot, but classy pretty) and she knows it. She still doesn't have a boyfriend till today, but she has dated a couple of guys and both abercrombie type of body and rich (yes freakin rich, $1m+ homes, etc) one of them rumor has it was 32 years old!!!
    Anyway my goal is to loose 80lbs by July '09 and hopefully I am not to late to make her my girlfriend.
    For now I have put on hold my hair transplant plans and look forward for summer '09!! Thanks for your words!!
    Congrats Del on getting some confidence boosters sometimes those really help. Anyways on the girl issue, dont, i repeat dont stress and allocate all your effort
    to one girl, if a girl isnt feeling you move on, its 2009 use all your resources ie. online,clubs,bars,etc you get the point. Keep it up with the positive attitude, oh and 2009 is my year to haha [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by delpiero1980 View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. Especially you Spencer, you have a radio show, been on TV, founded Amer. Hair Loss Ass. and the IAHRS and still have the time to listen and respond to threads. I do feel you do this from deep inside you, not for monetary or marketing purposes. I really thank you for that.
    I do feel this is my year. I just finished my BA in Int. Business and I am really happy. Hopefully I will find a nice job in this economic crisis.
    In Christmas Eve, I combed my hair backwards, and it really didn't look bad at all. The proof was that non of my cousins or uncles joked at all about my hair. That means that they didn't notice more receding. I was happy and I actually looked nice. It gave me some much needed boost to start loosing weight.

On the girls issue. I only like this one girl. I met her Sep. 2007 and it didn't go anywhere. In 2001 when i was 215 lbs I used to get girls easy, now that I am fat it takes triple effort and time. Now at 28 years I only like this girl, but I screw it up, instead of being patience I got desperate and made moves a little to soon, and I scared her. She will be 20 years old in January. I know she is young, but if I sum up all the qualities inside and out, she is the one I've been waiting for (I think)
    It’s good to hear that you feel better. I have been a fan of the Bald Truth and Spencer Kobren for some time. I’ve said it before, but if it were not for Spencer I would not be in the mindset that I am today. You can tell that he is a very good and kind person and I always admire his honesty about his life on the show. I know he does not remember this, but one night after his show Spencer spent 15 minutes on the phone with me helping through a very hard time. I will never forget that. His advice is always on the money so take it.

Paul