+ Reply to Thread

Default What kind of haircut do you guys have?

My hair is almost shoulder length in the back. It is getting pretty long. Unfortunately my bang are really wispy. I can't wear it straight down as I would like to. I put a little mouse in to clump the hair together and it looks better. I don't have any really apparent bald spots. I have a receding hairline, but having longish hair seems to hide it. I have considered cutting my hair short again, but various girls agreed when they said it looked bad short. A couple girls say it looks pretty good. The older people (parents) at my work say I need to cut it ASAP and it looks ridiculous.

My hair seems to look TERRIBLY thin when I have it cut pretty short. I have been wanting to trim the back and sides a bit, but I dont think I want to have any cut off the top. The hair on the top of my head is easily thinner than the back and sides. This is why I want to cut the back and sides a bit shorter to make the top not look so thin. I am afraid if I cut the top of my hair it will look really thin.

The worst part of thinning hair is the wind. I will spend 10-15 minutes making my hair look great, but if I don't use any mousse it go all over the place in the wind.

So to those who are also thinning/balding, what kind of hair style do you have?

Hey Adam,

I'm not sure about the condition and progression of your thinning, but I'll give you advice based on my experience. Your current hairstyle sounds similar to the way I used to keep my hair. With styling and preparation the long hair could look quite good. However, it became a pain to constantly worry about keeping your hair perfect. Once my hair finally got too long I bit the bullet and got a haircut. To my surprise the haircutter cut quite a bit off the top and cut the sides to a three I believe. The short haircut made me very worried as I left, but when I got home and checked it out in the mirror and it looked pretty good. Something that I realized was, while it seems that long hair will give you more much coverage, in time it will actually weigh your hair down and make it appear thinner. After this haircut I felt so good about my hair and it even appeared to be thicker, without any styling or preparation. My suggestion would be to get a layered cut. Leave the sides and back very short and thinned out and leave the top 2 to 3 inches long. The most important thing to do is to get someone who really knows how to cut mens hair and have them consult your hair before the cut. A good, quality haircut can do wonders for someone with thinning har. Hope this helps, and good luck !!!

hey was in same boat as you got it cut shorter and it looked much better.

I have been shaving my head toatally for about 5 months. I just have a receding hairline and some thinning on top. But if i have it shaved i look pretty good. I have been told I look like a mexican jason kidd.

When you say shaving, do you mean with clippers or a razor? I can sort of understand men who use clippers, who just buzz down to a grade two once a fortnight because it's minimal effort and the time spent with the clippers is time saved combing hair every day. But I don't understand the wet shavers; I find having to shave my face every day an effort (although I do shave my face, for the record. I'm not a bum. Yet!) so I'd hate to do a much larger surface area every single day. Especially considering the reward is not that great (a head that reflects the light, people assuming I'm a bouncer and the potential for ingrowing hairs on my head).

Well I used to use clippers, but on a trip to Singapore, and to some neglect to their power outlets. I started to shave my head when my clippers burned out. There I was with half a shaved head and having to get to work in 30 minutes. I had no time to go look for some new ones at a store. So I had to just go ahead and shave it all with my gillete. I did it only the once. And then just realized that it made things so much easyier. And with the shiney head, I use some lotion and a bit of sun tan lotion and my head dosn't shine that much.

Note to self: if it ever gets to the point that I can be bothered to buzz, have a spare pair of clippers. And just to be safe, buzz at night....

No way I'm ever wet shaving. Buzzing is an armistice, shaving is defeat.

Well if you say it is defeat, it must be right? Wow man you need friends. Well anyways I have an idea for you though. You should write a 3 page post this weekend like you always do. It will give you some sense of purpose between your hours of warcraft. Your welcome by the way. Now you have an excuse for not going out.

Quote Originally Posted by nassau View Post
    Well if you say it is defeat, it must be right? Wow man you need friends. Well anyways I have an idea for you though. You should write a 3 page post this weekend like you always do. It will give you some sense of purpose between your hours of warcraft. Your welcome by the way. Now you have an excuse for not going out.
    Haha.........well said nassau. Its good you feel comfortable with your new look, and the hassle free life that goes with it. Shaving may not be for everybody, but for those who can pull it off its very liberating.

Now now, that's a bit harsh. Each to their own, most bald men I see don't bother wet shaving either. All just too much work for too little reward; buzzing once a week seems to make much more sense once you hit Norwood V if you want to avoid becoming a slave to it.

By the way, can't say I've ever been a fan of Warcraft; if you said Football Manager - World Soccer Manager if you like - then maybe!