+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Gabel Patient - 3129 grafts - Frontal/Central Scalp Restoration - One Session

This patient is a 69 year old gentleman who two years ago underwent a 3129 graft hair transplant to the central aspect of his scalp. Interestingly, he had a nice central forelock/tuft of hair, but the lateral frontal aspect of the hairline was sparse at best. He had a decent amount of hair in the lateral aspect of the scalp (above his ears), which he used the hair in that area to cover and comb over the central thinning.

His hair characteristics were thinner for his age. His hair color was a mix of brown to grey, which added to a contrast differential to his skin. He did have a nice wave to his natural hair in the donor area. His skin laxity was average as well.

His main goal was to cover the central balding areas adding a natural layer of fullness and hair to the central scalp. Our plan was to transplant into all the areas in the central scalp that were devoid of hair and blend into the thinning areas this way there would not be a demarcation between his natural hair and the transplanted hair.

The strip size was 25.5 x 1.5 cm with a trichophytic skin excision and double-layered closure technique.
    The final graft count was the following:
    1 hair grafts: 550
    2 hair grafts: 1951
    3 hair grafts: 529
    4 hair grafts: 99

He is now 2 years following surgery and very happy with the results. Unfortunately, the preoperative photos were not standardized as I do now with all photos, but they give a nice representation of his initial hair loss. I choose the postop photos that were closely matched to the preoperative photos to give the best comparison. He filled in the central scalp very well, and the wavy structure to his hair gives adds to the density of the hair.

Steven Gabel, M.D.
    Gabel Hair Restoration Center
    www.gabelcenter.com

As mentioned on another forum - excellent!
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Arrow

Great job in presenting this case Dr. Gabel!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.