Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Could be good news.
    Honestly, I don't even pay attention anymore to how many hairs fall out . Any amount of shedding could be caused by a number of things, including a newly-started hair loss remedy. If I counted all the hairs that came out every day in the shower, I would go crazy!
    The important thing is the hair on my head. When that starts looking appreciably worse, I'll start to be concerned.

Comment

• SE19
      • Aug 2010

ok guys,

over the last week i have been monitering my hair, and although i have seen less hair fall i have (im now convinced) seen my hair thinning. the hair at my temples looks to be getting very thin at the root, thinner than it did last week even. what is this?

im having so many mixed signals from propecia i dont know what to think anymore.

It looks as if this thinning hair is waiting to fall, leaving me with an aweful receding hairline.

Please Help...

Comment

• SE19
        • Aug 2010

guys?

anyone?

Comment

• 25 going on 65
          • Sep 2010

Hmm. There are a few things you might try. One is having your blood tested; during my MPB journey I suffered from temporary hyperthyroidism, which can accelerate hair loss until it subsides. I only found out by asking my doctor for blood work.
          You could also ask a dermatologist to look at your scalp and ensure it's regular MPB, and not caused by some sort of fungus or anything of that sort (though it sounds like MPB to me).
          If your hair keeps thinning, you could try increasing the dose of finasteride per day, or switching to Avodart. Also, if you haven't yet, consider adding Nizoral shampoo 2% to your regimen, and you might also look into minoxidil.

Comment

• SE19
            • Aug 2010

Hey guys,

Great news, I am now convinced that my left hand side at the temple is filling back out, the hair looks a lot denser and the hair count has definately increased.

There is still hardly any hair fall at all. however my right hand side (temple) doesnt seem to be in cohoots with the left. By this i mean, it doesnt look as if its changed at all, the hair here hasnt become denser like the opposite side :S

any ideas?

Many Thanks

SE19

Comment

• SE19
              • Aug 2010

guys ??????

Comment

Working...