+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SE19 View Post
    Also, maybe I have been looking past it as i've been looking for the hairline moving back.

Though does it make sense when I say the hairline seems to be "narrowing" in the sense of a widows peak....

Maybe the angle at which the hairline veered back has become steeper :S

would this be normal on propecia? I think my older brothers did this until he had a very thin strip at the front...

Thanks
    If your brother's hair receded in the same way then it's most likely your genetic pattern. That's probably the case regardless of Propecia.

When you say you're losing hair, what do you mean exactly? We all shed hairs daily and it's not necessarily a sign that your hairloss is worsening. My hairline has stayed pretty much the same for years no, but seeing all the hairs in the bathtub could make a person panic.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Will propecia not stop this gentic narrowing? its leads onto a receding look typical of mpb.

I say losing hair in the sense that the hair looks thinner at the temples, easier to see the scalp.... what could this mean?

Many Thanks MattyJ

you are a great help.

There's no way of telling yet. You've described some promising signs that the drug is working, but you also don't seem totally convinced that the process has stopped. You're still fairly early into the treatment and time will tell. I really can't offer anymore than that because results vary so much.
    Keep in mind that some users of Propecia report shedding at around the point you're at, several months into treatment. This can make things look worse before things get better.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

matt is right. I have been on finasteride less than four months, and seem to definitely be in that "shedding phase." I see plenty of hairs coming out in the shower.
    Seeing an improvement in your hair can take 8 months or more (though some apparently show results months earlier than that), and I've even read doctors suggest that patients wait more than a year and a half before deciding to quit Propecia.
    It's definitely a treatment that takes patience.

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments and please keep them coming.

Just this week I have noticed a huge change, everytime I used to run my hand through my hairline atleast 1 - 2 hairs would come out in my hand. However now when I do this there is nothing, literally not one hair falls out, its been like this since monday, even when shampooing nothing comes out in my hands. This has to be good news!

right?

Could be good news.
    Honestly, I don't even pay attention anymore to how many hairs fall out . Any amount of shedding could be caused by a number of things, including a newly-started hair loss remedy. If I counted all the hairs that came out every day in the shower, I would go crazy!
    The important thing is the hair on my head. When that starts looking appreciably worse, I'll start to be concerned.

ok guys,

over the last week i have been monitering my hair, and although i have seen less hair fall i have (im now convinced) seen my hair thinning. the hair at my temples looks to be getting very thin at the root, thinner than it did last week even. what is this?

im having so many mixed signals from propecia i dont know what to think anymore.

It looks as if this thinning hair is waiting to fall, leaving me with an aweful receding hairline.

Please Help...

guys?

anyone?

Hmm. There are a few things you might try. One is having your blood tested; during my MPB journey I suffered from temporary hyperthyroidism, which can accelerate hair loss until it subsides. I only found out by asking my doctor for blood work.
    You could also ask a dermatologist to look at your scalp and ensure it's regular MPB, and not caused by some sort of fungus or anything of that sort (though it sounds like MPB to me).
    If your hair keeps thinning, you could try increasing the dose of finasteride per day, or switching to Avodart. Also, if you haven't yet, consider adding Nizoral shampoo 2% to your regimen, and you might also look into minoxidil.

Hey guys,

Great news, I am now convinced that my left hand side at the temple is filling back out, the hair looks a lot denser and the hair count has definately increased.

There is still hardly any hair fall at all. however my right hand side (temple) doesnt seem to be in cohoots with the left. By this i mean, it doesnt look as if its changed at all, the hair here hasnt become denser like the opposite side :S

any ideas?

Many Thanks

SE19