X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AS96
    • Jan 2021

Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil

Hey guys,

I started using a topical finasteride and minoxidil mix (0.05% fin and 5% min) twice daily. I’ve been on it for about 2.5 weeks now and have started noticing weaker erections. Ejaculation still seems the same in terms of not being watery, and the trooper does still stay up but not as enthusiastically as before. I’m wondering if this is an effect of the fin, to which I’ve seen no reports of side effects anywhere, or could it possibly be the fact I’ve been working 14 hour days and am extremely stressed out at work?

I guess I’m asking about anyone’s experiences with topical fin, how long it takes for side effects to kick in and whether they subside with continued use, or would stopping be the best move?

Cheers,

AS
  • Pradeep Sethi, MD
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Oct 2018

You can consult a physician if the problem continues. Topical Finasteride and Minoxidil mixture does not really have extreme side effects. Neither does 0.5 to 1 mg Finasteride pill. There have been reports of mild side effects with the medications but not severe. Sometimes it is also psychogenic.
    Pradeep Sethi, MD
    Hair Transplant Surgeon at Eugenix Hair Sciences
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS)
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...