Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by sizzlinghairs
    ur hairline temples same, better, or worse then when u started?
    id say worser but i took 500mg of niacin a few months back and i attribute the recession to this.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by gutted
      id say worser but i took 500mg of niacin a few months back and i attribute the recession to this.
      you attribute your temple loss to niacin?? as far as I know, niacin is good for your hair

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
        you attribute your temple loss to niacin?? as far as I know, niacin is good for your hair
        not 500mg! I got an increase in itching around the hairline when i was on it. i stopped it asap.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
          • Apr 2011

Just trying to clarify, u took the 500mg niacin once or for a period of time? And do u think both ur temples and hair are worse or just temples?

Thanks

Edit* just one more thing, so ur hairline/temples was holding until u took niacin?

Comment

• doke
            • Jun 2009

It was prescribed by my own doctor so yes it was the glaxo dutasteride and its not the holy grail treatment if it was there would be no pattern loss still.
            As with most things it has been stated that finasteride and dutas does not work for everyone thats why many are still looking for that cure.

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by sizzlinghairs
              Just trying to clarify, u took the 500mg niacin once or for a period of time? And do u think both ur temples and hair are worse or just temples?

Thanks

Edit* just one more thing, so ur hairline/temples was holding until u took niacin?
              i took it for a 3 month period last year starting around july 11. I subsequently stopped as i had ran out. It was also probably the time when my hairline receeded too and i was attributing it to trx2! i dont know.

I then started it again a couple months back (total of 3months) and also, again noticed recession!

My hair overall was not worse, i didnt notice anything unusual. Just the temple area going back on the left side.

The hair overall was thicker and more volume so there was no cause for concern so i didnt get off the niacin. It was until later when niacin was giveing me some bad sides, weight gain etc had i stopped, and reccession has stopped.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
                • Apr 2011

Any updates?

Comment

• 30plus
                  • Apr 2011

Still going dowhill for me...

Did anyone email them about future products?

Their website has been pretty stale for some months now. Not a great sign...

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
                    • Apr 2011

Hey 30, u r still on minox/dut right?

Do u have days where u seem like u might be making small progress, albeit thicker hair and such?

And ur on for like 15 myths now right?

Comment

• 30plus
                      • Apr 2011

Hey sizzling

Yup am on DUT and Minox as well. In the first few months on TRX2 I had about 3 days when my hair looked pumped followed by 3 or so when it looked worse again.

This strange phenomenon lasted a few months but throughout that time my loss gradually got worse so the effect of a good boost was less profound.

15 or so months in because I have less hair than at the start it's hard to say that I sometimes I think things are better - when they are not overall. I do still get slightly thicker hair somedays than others.

How are you getting on?

Comment

• 30plus
                        • Apr 2011

I spoke too soon about the stale updates on the website... Check this out!

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

lmao at "case 2"

That's a lot of money to spend on a vitamin that does jack sh*t.

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 30plus
                            http://www.trx2.com/store/hair-loss-treatment/

I spoke too soon about the stale updates on the website... Check this out!
                            all these cases indicate major efficacy in the crown and mid section, exactly the areas where ive experienced more volume.

i am beginning to doubt this would be majorly effective in the temple/hairline regions although i have also experienced some really good frontal growth roughly, half inch behind the hairline, its difficult to see temples fully regrowing but its certainly better than propecia, if it means i can keep my hair until better treatments come along, at best trx2 is a very effective preventative treatment.

has anyone emailed them regarding their future products? im confident thier future products are the products that will provide temporal/hairline regrowth.

Comment

• Jcm800
                              • Jan 2011

Gutted I'm just wondering why you always ask if anyone has mailed them about future treatments?! Can't you mail them?

Comment

• gutted
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
                                Gutted I'm just wondering why you always ask if anyone has mailed them about future treatments?! Can't you mail them?
                                lol ive sent them one their way.

will update the thread once i get a response.

btw, jc, have you started trx2?

Comment

Working...