+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 465 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4644

Thread: Trx2?

It's 'customer quotes' like this unbelievable one that really make me doubt this stuff...

"I stopped shedding completely by month 3 and show significant
    growth of hair, most noticeable in the temple region. I'm in month
    9 now and overall my hair feels thicker and denser than ever
    before."
    Chris, 38 years, London, UK

Come forward Chris from London, you're talking out of your arse, or rather Whitfields.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    Hey JCM, I'm doing the individual ingredients now and have been for about 2 months. The annual cost for the supps I'm using is just over £200 which seems a pretty significant saving... and is slightly stronger than the standard trx2 dose. It's not quite the perfect ratio but close enough I reckon (1000mg L-carnitine, 198mg potassium chloride, 500mg leucine, 250mg isoleucine, 250mg valine, 66mg niacin, 1333ug biotin + plus lots of other vits and minerals).

About a month after stopping trx2 and moving on to the individual ingredients I had a week of really greasy hair, it may be unrelated but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed any difference in hair quality after stopping trx2?

One other thing I noticed when taking trx2 was that I would find lots of little white bits in my hair. I can't explain why this would have anything to do with trx2, but it did correlate to when I was taking it. It was like the hairspay I used (and have used for years and still use) was bonding to my hair and would not wash out no matter how much I washed. I do realise this sounds unlikely to be related but that's what I observed while I was taking it, I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed anything like this?
    yeah I also observed this white fuzz lately. it doesn't really look like dandruff but rather dried secret or something. Is this what you experience too Zoidberg?

Just guessing but could it have something to do with the glands operating hyperactively?

Quote Originally Posted by ulanude View Post
    yeah I also observed this white fuzz lately. it doesn't really look like dandruff but rather dried secret or something. Is this what you experience too Zoidberg?

Just guessing but could it have something to do with the glands operating hyperactively?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "glands operating hyperactively", but yes it was not like dandruff but definitely like a dried secret.
    It was very difficult to remove... It would not comb out (I don't know how many hairs I lost trying to comb it out) I tried many different shampoo and conditioner combos but without much luck. Nizoral seemed to help a little, but I resorted to baking soda mixed in with my regular shampoo which was the most effective way to remove this stuff. I doubt it was doing my scalp or hair much good though.
    The worst thing I did was to use Revita COR conditioner, this just seem to make it so much worse and really increased the amount of this white secret bonding to my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    It's 'customer quotes' like this unbelievable one that really make me doubt this stuff...

*"I stopped shedding completely by month 3 and show significant
    growth of hair, most noticeable in the temple region. I'm in month
    9 now and overall my hair feels thicker and denser than ever
    before."
    Chris, 38 years, London, UK

Come forward Chris from London, you're talking out of your arse, or rather Whitfields.

lol i know what you mean.
    their temple area is about 1inch behind the "normal" temple area, you can see what they claim is "temple" growth in one of the photos.

have you noticed anything so far jcm? decreased shedding? are you still on the minox too?

i think cox-2 inhibition is the way forward to restore a hairline/temple areas
    im not going to wait around for trx2 to restore this area as i just dont see it happening with trx2 alone, i will still be taking it though, as it has helped restore density, without a doubt but i doubt this can restore hairline/temple areas.

I don't think for a minute this will restore a hair on anyone's hairline. But for nutrients etc, I'll carry on. Into forth month now, existing hair is looking pretty good, growing fast-shedding may have lessened, can't attribute that to this stuff yet tho.
    Still on the damn Minox, watching my hairline head northwards..

Ok and taking two MSM tabs per day as well, not sure what that's doing if anything, but seems to be a good addition going by what I've read about it.
    Last edited by Jcm800; 06-07-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Extra paragraph.

I don't think for a minute this will restore a hair on anyone's hairline. But for nutrients etc, I'll carry on. Into forth month now, existing hair is looking pretty good, growing fast-shedding may have lessened, can't attribute that to this stuff yet tho.
    Still on the damn Minox, watching my hairline head northwards..

Ok and taking two MSM tabs per day as well, not sure what that's doing if anything, but seems to be a good addition going by what I've read about it.
    lets just hope they bring something stronger out sometime soon!
    i sent them an email a few weeks back regarding upcoming products but they still havent responded to that email.

That figures, if it was regarding an order they'd thank you for reaching out lol.

That figures, if it was regarding an order they'd thank you for reaching out lol.
    bear in mind, at least the carnitine is not useless there are patents held by major corporations with its hair growth effects in topical form.

heres an example -> http://www.google.com/patents/US20080118458.pdf

its definteley given some very good results in the crown/mid region, but the hairline and temple areas are the hardest places to achieve regrowth and takes alot of time and dedication, and frankly, i dont think its strong enough or bioavailable enough to promote hair growth in those regions.

anyway i will be introducing some cox-2 inhibiting supplements into the mix sometime soon, to see if i can get some hairs growing in the hairline/temple regions, until they bring something stronger out!

Gutted enlighten me - cox-2 what's that?

Gutted enlighten me - cox-2 what's that?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclooxygenase

its an enzyme involved in inflammation.

inhiiting cox-2 has been shown to turn vellus hairs terminal in rat models. I suspect cox-2 is upregulated in the hairline/temple regions.